Research and Policy Academic Program Manager
Global Cities, Inc. is a non-profit organization established under the auspices of Bloomberg Philanthropies and headquartered in New York City. Committed to educating the next generation to work in a global economy, it operates the tech-savvy interactive educational program, Global Scholars, for kids age 10-13 in 46 cities worldwide. Its hubs are in Barcelona, Buenos Aires, Delhi, Istanbul, London, Madrid, Medellin, Mumbai, New York, Taipei, Tel Aviv and Warsaw.
Our team seeks an experienced classroom teacher to communicate with teachers and school administrators and work in the Global Scholars e-classroom that connects 10,500 middle school students from around the world. We are looking for a creative and innovate individual who aspires to grow within a start-up environment and contribute to the design of its mission and approach. The Manager will report to the Vice President of Operations and work within a professional education team with Global Cities’ Founder.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Analyze, understand and review student work for its effectiveness in supporting student global competence as well as literacy and technology skill sets.
- Lead teachers in live professional development by video conference.
- Represent the program to school administrators, education leaders and policy makers as part of recruitment efforts both domestically and internationally.
- Assist in the development of original curricula. The Global Scholars program provides new, original lesson plans and materials each school year.
- Manage the enrollment of participating schools and ensure their effective participation in the program through telephone, email, videoconference correspondence, as well as in-person meetings as appropriate.
- At least 5 years of recent experience as a lead classroom teacher.
- Bachelor’s degree, with a graduate degree preferred.
- Experience working with a variety of stakeholders, including educators, administrators, and district officials.
- Proficient computer skills with some knowledge of current technological applications for educational purposes.
- Exceptional written, social, and communications skills; experienced in conducting presentations and public speaking.
- Expert ability to manage time, work autonomously, and handle multiple tasks on a virtual office platform while ensuring accountability.
- Ability to travel to participating sites, meetings, and events, both domestically and internationally, as needed, and flexibility for work hours that may extend beyond the New York City time zone day.
How to ApplySend your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Your Name – Manager, Academic Program” in the subject line.
133 total views, 1 today