Instructional Support Manager, Professional Learning Partner Guide
Manager, Professional Learning Partner Guide
The preferred application deadline is June 12, 2023. After this date we do not guarantee review of submissions.
ABOUT THE ORGANIZATION
At Rivet Education, we believe that if teachers have access to high-quality instructional and curriculum-based professional learning, then teaching and learning will improve. We partner with state and local education agencies to deploy strategies that increase this access to learning to ensure students receive the educational opportunities they want and deserve. In service of our mission, we offer a suite of services and products to our partner agencies:
- CONSULT: Rivet consults with state and local education agencies to help them develop academic strategies to scale educators’ access to high quality instructional materials and curriculum-based professional learning.
- CONNECT: Our digital, membership-based platform, RivetCONNECT, connects state and local education leaders to the support, expertise, and talent needed to successfully implement high-quality curricula.
- CHOOSE: Rivet’s flagship tool, the Professional Learning Partner Guide, helps state and local education leaders choose a professional learning partner from a vetted list of organizations that provide the best curriculum-based professional learning services in the country.
- CHECK: Rivet offers professional learning diagnostic tools and audit services to help state and local education leaders check the quality of curriculum implementation in schools.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Rivet Education is seeking an experienced, dynamic, and mission-aligned leader to serve as the organization’s Manager, Professional Learning Partner Guide, responsible for leading all aspects of the guide’s oversight as well as related management for additional, related Rivet products as needed.
The Manager, Professional Learning Partner Guide is a full-time remote/flexible position that reports to Rivet’s Director of Product and includes occasional travel (5 to 10%).
Professional Learning Partner Guide management (70% of time)
- Recruit, select and train Professional Learning Partner Guide content reviewers
- Staff review teams for Professional Learning Partner Guide application cycles
- Communicate updates and other relevant information to Rivet’s reviewer pool
- Manage reviewer logistics for the Professional Learning Partner Guide application process, including contracts and invoices
- Identify potential professional learning providers for the Professional Learning Partner Guide
- Communicate application cycle logistics and lead training for potential Professional Learning Partner Guide applicants
- Support applicants throughout the review process
- Communicate updates and other relevant information to existing Professional Learning Partner Guide providers
- Manage project timelines and processes for updates to Rivet’s reviewer and provider portals
- Provide support for Professional Learning Partner Guide communications and products (formatting, copy-editing, and similar tasks)
- Manage general inquiries about the Professional Learning Partner Guide review process
General management and support (30% of time)
- Manage the day-to-day operations of RivetCONNECT, including, but not limited to RFP and resume reviews and postings; customer and talent recruitment for RivetCONNECT; membership management, including customer support, payment, contracts
- Manage other responsibilities as directed by manager (10% of time)
Preferred Qualifications and Experience
We are deeply committed to identifying an amazing candidate for this role. We encourage you to apply, even if you don’t believe you meet every one of the below qualifications or you have a less traditional background.
- Strong mission-alignment including the belief that all students can succeed, regardless of race, socioeconomic status, gender, or ability; a deep understanding of the importance of the role high-quality curriculum and curriculum-based professional learning play; and belief in and commitment to Rivet’s core values
- 3+ years experience in public, PK–12 U.S. education and providing or managing curriculum-based professional learning for teachers and leaders in a school or district setting
- Demonstrated ability to project plan and manage multi-layered projects involving multiple stakeholders on time and within budget
- Exceptional learning, problem-solving, and synthesis skills
- Flexible and adaptable orientation with an appreciation for the fact that the ultimate design and execution of a project often looks different than the original idea
- Excellent empathy and written and verbal communication skills with the ability to interact well with a diverse range of constituents and stakeholders
Rivet Education offers competitive compensation commensurate with work experience and location. The annual salary for this position will be between 70K and 80K. We offer comprehensive benefits, including a full employer paid insurance package with health, dental, vision, life, and short- and long-term disability insurance; unlimited vacation; and the option for end-of-year bonus based on company and personal performance.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Rivet Education is an equal opportunity employer. The purpose of this policy is to effectuate principles and mandates that are in accordance with anti-discrimination laws. Rivet Education prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type and affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, age, national origin, disability status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Rivet Education conforms to the spirit as well as to the letter of all applicable laws and regulations.
This policy of Equal Employment Opportunity applies to all policies and procedures relating to recruitment and hiring, compensation, benefits, termination, and all other terms and conditions of employment. Employees should refer questions or concerns to their supervisor or the Human Resource Representative. Appropriate disciplinary action may be taken against any employee willfully violating this policy. The officers and/or Co-Founders of Rivet Education will be responsible for the dissemination of this policy. Directors, managers, and supervisors are responsible for implementing equal employment practices within each department. The HR department is responsible for overall compliance and will maintain personnel records in compliance with applicable laws and regulations.