Research and Policy Managing Director of Education
Change for Kids Values:
CFK’s values serve as a compass for the way we work. We seek to be: Responsive, Resourceful, Collaborative, Continuously Improving and Optimistic.
About the Position:
The Managing Director of Education will have the opportunity to fundamentally shape a rapidly growing organization and improve the educational outcomes for thousands of elementary school students. Applicants should thrive in an entrepreneurial and self-starter environment.
The Managing Director of Education will build strong relationships with our network of thirteen NYC public elementary schools and be responsible for the design, implementation and evaluation of all CFK educational activities. This position reports to CFK’s Executive Director and works directly with CFK’s Board of Directors, including coordinating the meetings of the Board’s Education Committee. S/he will be a key member of CFK’s leadership team.
The Managing Director’s primary responsibilities include continuing to enhance the CFK model; deepening relationships with our school leaders and our school communities; strengthening data collection for program evaluation; and enabling expansion of the program in terms of numbers served and strength of impact. S/he will refine and lead the process to identify and select new partner schools to bring into the CFK network.
Internally, the Managing Director of Education will lead a team of School Managers who partner with our schools’ principals and manage a portfolio of targeted programs at each site. In addition, s/he will lead the organization’s efforts to build a data and evaluation strategy. S/he will work cross-departmentally: with the Communications Department to ensure CFK’s stakeholders have a view into our program and schools; and with Corporate Engagement to ensure we are maximizing our opportunities with the business community and volunteers. Externally, the Managing Director of Education will work with school principals, nonprofit program partners, funders and other stakeholders to further develop the CFK model. S/he is expected to be a thought leader and a strong brand ambassador for the organization.
A successful candidate will have strong skills and experience in the following areas:
▪ Ability to create a compelling vision for scaling CFK’s impact
▪ Track record of setting and achieving ambitious goals
▪ Experience managing, growing, and developing an effective team
▪ Proactively and continually enhance the Education Department’s processes and systems
▪ Ability to be an inspiring, influential public advocate for the organization and its work with all stakeholders
▪ Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
▪ Drives strong school and program partner accountability through firm but compassionate presence
▪ Serve as the organization’s foremost resource in expanding the educational knowledge of principals, Board members, staff, and other stakeholders
▪ Substantial experience with and knowledge of the public education system (as an educator or administrator or partner)
▪ Demonstrated track record of cultivating a range of partnerships to support constituents, particularly with other nonprofits, Principals, and key donors
▪ Cutting edge expertise in assessing educational organizations and the evaluation of progress towards goals
▪ Comfort and confidence using data to drive achievement of objectives, including working with Salesforce or a similar database system
▪ Ambitious drive and courage to create systemic change in the NYC education system
▪ Entrepreneurial spirit to build a successful organization and program model
▪ Team player who works across departments and prioritizes the needs of the organization as a whole
▪ Resourceful and open to new ideas
▪ Creative problem solver who responds to challenges with a positive attitude
▪ Infectious enthusiasm and passion for CFK’s mission, vision and values
Experience and qualities required:
Bachelor’s degree required
Minimum of 8-10 years professional experience in elementary education
Strong understanding of the needs of underserved communities
Demonstrated ability to build and manage educational partnerships
Exceptional communication skills, verbal and written
Competent with technology, including spreadsheets and databases; comfortable learning and adapting to new systems and platforms
Able to manage multiple projects with attention to detail and excellent follow through
Resourceful, problem solving orientation
Focused on adhering to current systems and processes while seeking to improve and create new processes
Thrives on challenge and appreciates the benefit of change
Willingness to roll up your sleeves and work under pressure
Strong interpersonal skills; a collaborative team-player
Passionate about the mission of Change for Kids
Masters Degree in Education/experience as an educator
Experience in a NYC public elementary school
Salary and Benefits:
Salary commensurate with experience. CFK offers employees a full benefit package, including generous time off.
How to ApplyTo Apply: Qualified applicants should send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please indicate “Managing Director of Education” in the subject line. Your cover letter should include your desired salary range, where you heard about this opportunity and answer the following question: CFK’s values include: Responsive, Resourceful, Collaborative, Continuously Improving and Optimistic. Please choose the one that you think you embody most strongly and tell a story from your professional experience that reflects your commitment to this value. CFK is strongly committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all individuals. Consistent with CFK’s commitment to equal employment opportunity, CFK’s policy is to comply with all federal, state and local laws concerning employment discrimination. Accordingly, CFK will make all employment decisions for employees and applicants without unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, alienage or citizenship status, age, physical or mental disability or handicap, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, arrest record or any other status protected by applicable federal, state and local laws.
943 total views, 2 today