Marketing and Communications Marketing Manager
BranchED is the first and only non-profit organization in the nation that is dedicated to strengthening, growing, and amplifying the impact of educator preparation program at the nation’s minority serving institutions (HBCUs, HSIs, tribal colleges, and others), with the larger goals of both diversifying the teaching profession and intentionally addressing critical issues of educational equity for all students. BranchED serves as the nucleus of a national network of 200+ high impact colleges and universities – located in 38 states, D.C., Puerto Rico, and the Virgin Islands – united around a commitment to increasing the achievement gains of all learners and enhancing the diversity of the nation’s corps of educators. Click here to visit the website.
BranchED seeks a Marketing Manager who will amplify our programmatic framework and services across platforms to move people to action. This position will play a critical role in extending our audience reach and increasing engagement in order to support our commitment to shift the life outcomes of America’s young people by ensuring the diversity and quality of their teachers.
The Marketing Manager will collaborate closely with members of the Program Team, the Director of Communications, and the executive leadership team to support their marketing work. The role will also partner with external consultants to ensure that BranchED has the appropriate collateral to tell our story to key audiences and advance our program goals. This individual is an innovative storyteller and uses their creativity to capture stories and develop content that reflects BranchED’s clients and impact. This is an exciting opportunity to have agency and ownership over BranchED’s strategic approach to marketing our work.
The preference is for the Marketing Manager to be based out of Peachtree City, GA area. This position will report directly to the Vice President for Community Engagement and Partnerships.
Marketing plan and execution
- Create content that presents newly expanded scope and services that include K-12 districts and additional colleges/universities
- Develop new marketing strategies and tactics that increase brand awareness and drive traffic to BranchED
- Develop successful marketing campaigns from ideation to execution
- Utilize social media channels to market engaging campaigns that activate engagement; collaborate with Director of Communications to leverage participant stories as an aspect of social media campaigns
Content design and creation
- Collaborate with partner videographer and photographer in crafting marketing campaigns that showcase our services
- Partner with Vice President for Community Engagement and Partnerships and program staff to develop action plan that supports program marketing needs
Marketing budget and reporting
- Manage budget for paid content and advertisement; capture expenses on a monthly basis and ensure funds are allocated accurately
- Measure and provide reports to Vice President for Community Engagement and Partnerships on the performance of marketing campaigns; utilize data analytics to assess performance
Success in this position will require the following:
- You’re an experienced marketing strategist. You bring 4+ years of total marketing work experience with at least 2 years experience managing or supporting marketing campaigns.
- You’re a social media expert. You have successfully developed marketing content centering your clients and their stories; you have overseen or supported social media and/or website content and analytics.
- You’re solutions-oriented. You enjoy identifying the challenge and creating the solution to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
- You’re relational and collaborative. You center relationship-building in your work and know how to build and navigate relationships across teams to move projects forward.
- You’re an exemplary operator and manager. You are highly organized and effectively project manage cross-functional projects that involve many moving parts, pieces, and collaborators.
- You’re a continuous learner. You welcome feedback and demonstrate a growth mindset.
- You’re innovative and proactive. You’re constantly ideating and identifying new ways to approach your work and processes.
- You’re aligned to our mission, values and commitment to social justice. You understand the importance of diversifying the teaching profession and intentionally addressing critical issues of educational equity for all students; you apply an inclusive and equitable approach to your work and decision making.
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS:
- The salary range for this position is $65,000 – $75,000. If provided an offer, we will determine salary compensation based on skills, relative work experience, and education. We take into consideration internal equity of our existing team members as part of the offer stage. The range mentioned is the full base salary range for the role. We typically do not hire at the maximum range in order to allow for salary growth.
- We offer excellent benefits, including the following:
- Medical insurance with up to 100% employer contribution
- Dental, vision, FSA, life and disability insurance plans beginning on the 1st of the month after hire date
- 401 (K) retirement plan with an Employer Match up to 6% of your compensation. Eligibility after 90 days of employment
- Generous time off including 15 days of paid time off (to be taken for sickness or vacation) and 12 organization-wide holidays
- Organization-wide and workgroup training
- A commitment to developing leaders from within the organization
- An organizational culture that supports staff well-being and holistic selfcare/community care
- Ample opportunities to connect with the faculty/leaders, students and communities we serve
- A hybrid work culture with the option to work from home up to two times per week.
BranchED is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes a diverse pool of candidates for this search. We are committed to fostering a culture of inclusion and welcome individuals with diverse backgrounds and experiences to apply. Applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States. We are not authorized to sponsor the H-1B visa.
The Branch Alliance for Educator Diversity does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, age, disability, gender, sexual orientation, or other characteristics covered by law with regard to employment opportunities.