Teacher Math Assessment Consultant
About the Role
The Mathematics Assessment Writer position works with New Classrooms’ academic team as a consultant. You will be responsible for creating and editing technologically enhanced assessment questions.
What You Would Do
- Think creatively to create interactive questions that allow for more engagement and flexibility in the way students can be assessed.
- Edit and provide feedback to other assessment writers on their questions.
- Engage in thoughtful collaboration with the assessment team to ensure we are meeting a high quality threshold.
What We Are Looking For
- 4+ years of classroom teaching experience in math, grades K-12
- Deep understanding of K-12 mathematics curriculum
- Strong written communication skills with proven ability to write in kid-friendly language
- Basic understanding of HTML/XML/LaTex
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong organizational ability
- Ability to self-start and work autonomously
- An empathetic approach to the world
- A willingness to listen and think before engaging in the assessment design process
- An understanding that there is more to math than just finding the “right” answer
- A strong belief that all students deserve an excellent education
What Tools We Use
- We use Google Docs to collaborate on question design
- We use Geogebra to create images for our questions
About New Classrooms
New Classrooms is a nonprofit organization that leverages classroom design, teacher talent, and technology to enable personalized learning for more than 13,000 students in 40 pioneering schools in 10 states and Washington D.C. this fall. New Classrooms’ first-of-its-kind technology draws from tens of thousands of high quality lessons to create a customized and dynamic curriculum for each student each day. Our flagship instructional model, Teach to One, integrates large group, small group, and individual instruction in ways that enable students to not just learn skills but apply them in real world contexts.
Teach to One grew out of a New York City pilot program called School of One, which TIME magazine named one of the best inventions of 2009. Visit www.newclassrooms.org to learn more about our efforts to unleash a wave of innovation in K-12 education that will dramatically improve outcomes for all students.
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization. Our team includes a dynamic mix of education policy experts, passionate academics, technology junkies, and business entrepreneurs. We all share a strong belief in every child and a deep-seated interest in improving our schools, solving problems in innovative ways, and getting things done in a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment.
Working at New Classrooms
We are a passion-led, mission-driven organization – one that continually looks to match our team members with roles that fit their strengths and interests. We look to bring on new team members who share a deep-seated interest in improving our nation’s schools, solving problems in innovative ways, getting things done in a fast-paced and highly collaborative work environment, and growing professionally.
How to Apply
To ApplyPlease submit both your cover letter and resume via our online application system. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
Equal OpportunityAll qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, nationality or sex.
Work AuthorizationIn compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility verification document form upon hire.
133 total views, 1 today