Instructional Support Math Lead
We seek to hire a full-time Math Lead to lead the effort to improve math instruction in partner schools and systems, to deliver support that leads to measurable change in instruction and to offer professional learning opportunities for teachers and leaders. We seek a self-motivated and detail-oriented educator with a strong background in mathematics and instructional coaching in grades K-12 as well as in developing and facilitating impactful adult learning experiences. Candidates should be passionate about improving instructional effectiveness and believe in the potential of students, teachers, and systems. The Math Lead reports to the Director of Instructional Support.
- Accompany Directors of Instructional Support on school walkthroughs, use the Instructional Practices Guide (IPG) to observe and score math instruction, and give feedback on trends to system and school leaders and teachers
- Conduct reviews and create reports on quality of assessments, curricula, pacing guides, scope and sequence guides, and other materials to inform system strategy for instructional improvement
- Answer partners’ questions (directly and via Directors of Instructional Support) to support effective, informed decision-making
- Supervise and train IPG specialists in the IPG Norming process during school walkthroughs
- Work with partners’ math teams to support their instructional improvement cycle, including school visits, classroom observations, professional development, and content support
- Assist with the build-out of curriculum implementation playbooks for systems
Content Development & Delivery
- Develop content, such as model lessons, content exercises, and training session materials and PowerPoints
- Lead professional development for teachers and leaders, and train content specialists to deliver training content
- Support development of curriculum-specific transition and implementation plans and resources
- Prepare materials for and lead the math portions of professional learning opportunities for teachers and leaders
- Prepare materials for and lead sessions during topical meetings, quarterly network meetings, and other events as needed
- Train and manage part-time math content specialists to assist on content development and delivery
Candidate Qualifications and Traits:
- Commitment to excellent daily instruction for all students
- 3+ years of experience as a math teacher and 3+ years as an administrator or instructional coach, with a record of success achieving clearly-defined outcomes and improving student learning
- Deep knowledge of math content and pedagogy in grades K-12
- Deep understanding of the math standards, assessments, and instructional implications
- Detail orientation, organization, and follow through
- Very strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience building positive relationships with diverse team members and stakeholders
- Able to travel to schools in Indianapolis weekly and to team meetings (location TBD) bi-annually
- Travel often includes early morning departures and/or overnight stays. A flexible schedule Monday through Friday is required. Instruction Partners covers all travel expenses.
Compensation is competitive with charter and nonprofit sector positions and is commensurate with experience. Detailed information about the organizational compensation philosophy is available upon application. Instruction Partners offers flexible work hours and location. Competitive benefits and private retirement investment options are available, as well as a generous vacation policy.
We are looking for candidates in Memphis and Indianapolis. Remote candidates who are able to travel will also be considered.
How to ApplyPlease apply directly on our website: https://instructionpartners.applytojob.com/apply
489 total views, 1 today