Instructional Support Math Program Manager
MATH PROGRAM MANAGER
THE URBAN ASSEMBLY
The Urban Assembly (UA) is a non-profit organization dedicated to empowering undeserved youth by providing them with the academic and life skills necessary for post-secondary success. It creates and supports unique, small public schools that are open to all students, scales up promising programs, and coordinates with hundreds of partner organizations in the private, public, non-profit and higher education sectors. The UA serves over 9,000 students in its 21 existing small district middle and high schools in the Bronx, Brooklyn and Manhattan, and it will open its first charter school, a CTE high school focused on computer science.
MATH PROGRAM MANAGER
The Urban Assembly is seeking a dynamic and creative math guru to join our team of educators. As part of the instructional team, the Math Program Manager will help us meet our mission by building instructional capacity through driving our instructional program, coaching and supporting the implementation of curriculum and assessment across all Urban Assembly schools. The ideal candidate has strong project management skills, is great at building and maintaining relationships and is a math superhero.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Master’s degree in education
- Minimum of five years as a classroom teacher
- Minimum of two years in school leadership or coaching position preferred
- Lead a vision for math instruction (middle and high school) across 21 schools
- Project manage the implementation of a new curricular model for a pilot group of schools
- Support school leaders and teachers in implementing best instructional practices in the math classroom and deepening content knowledge and pedagogy
- Coach school leaders to provide feedback to teachers
- Support a group of schools implementing a math curriculum, including launch of curriculum and analysis of shared assessments
- Establish positive working relationships with administrators and school staff
- Monitor the impact of work through network metrics
- Facilitate visits across schools including Instructional Rounds and school intervisitations
- Operate as a member of a cross-functional team, including collaborating with team members to analyze relevant data/information in order to develop and refine school support plans
- Liaise with math instructional coaches and thought leaders across NYC and United States
- Maintain an understanding of major developments in educational research and policy
The UA is committed to a policy of equal opportunity in all its activities and programs, including employment and promotion. The UA does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship status, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, physical disabilities, veteran or marital status. Salary is commensurate with experience.
How to ApplyPlease send a resume and cover letter addressed to Alexis Goldberg, via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The email subject line should read “Math Program Manager.” No phone calls please.
104 total views, 1 today