Instructional Support Middle School Director of Student Support Services
About Community Roots:
Community Roots Charter School is a rigorous learning community where learning is embedded in meaningful real world context, where children are deliberately taught to see the connections between school and the world. CRCS students will meet or exceed the Common Core standards and be prepared to excel in the 21st century by being taught to be independent thinkers and to work productively within a diverse group of learners. At CRCS students will learn to combine curiosity with appropriate application, which will lead to deep understanding and the confidence to take on challenges to become who they want to be.
Currently, Community Roots has 460 students in grades K-8. Our first 8th grade class graduated in June 2015. Please visit our website for more information about our school: www.communityroots.org
Community Roots is hiring:
We are currently looking for a Middle School Director of Student Support Services who will work to be both innovative and inspiring in the pursuit of meeting the needs of all students in grades 6 – 8. This position will report to the Middle School Co-Directors and supervise the Learning Specialist team and all support providers and support staff, including but not limited to related service providers and paraprofessionals.
Community Roots Charter School seeks individuals who:
- Believe in and are capable of high levels of collaboration and communication
- Believe that communicating and building relationships with children’s families is essential
- See themselves as active learners committed to ongoing professional development
- Believe that all children have the right to an exceptional education
- Understand that children learn in different ways
- Are committed to ensure academic, emotional and social growth in every child
- Are capable of building a safe, nurturing, supportive and high achieving school culture
- Believe that working and educating children in a diverse environment is essential
- Enjoy their work
- Belief in CRCS mission and philosophy
- Strong belief in and ability to collaborate
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize and problem solve independently
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize student achievement while creating a nurturing and encouraging school environment
- Experience in working with students with IEPs and students at risk
- Previous managerial experience preferred
- Certification in Teaching Students with Disabilities required
Main responsibilities will include:
- Oversee all programs and services for students with Individual Education Programs and 504 plans as well as those students identified as needing additional at-risk services in grades 6 – 8, including reading intervention, math intervention and behavior plans and any accompanying assessments.
- Work with Co-Directors across K-8 to develop and institute school-wide goals and plans for improving inclusive education practice.
- Collaborate with Co-Directors to provide professional development around inclusive practices for the faculty.
- Supervise and support the work of Learning Specialists through regular meetings and feedback.
- Supervise and support the work of 1:1 paraprofessional(s) through regular meetings, feedback, and professional development.
- Support collaboration between paraprofessionals and teachers.
- Facilitate grade level meetings that are focused on IEP development and supporting student behavior.
- Ensure regular and effective communication between support providers, support providers and teaching staff, support providers, teaching staff and families.
- Ensure communication and effective transition of services and information about students from one grade to the next
- Communicate and model expectations for maintaining an inclusive environment to all stakeholders including staff, families, and students.
- Coordinate the development, maintenance and oversight of Individualized Education Programs (IEPs) including, developing IEP goals, collecting documents for meetings, setting pre-meetings and other meetings for all students with IEPs and in process of evaluation
- Ensure the school’s compliance with Special Education regulations and the maintenance of accurate special education records in accordance with state and federal law including required special education reporting to state authorizers
- Serve as liaison for the Committee on Special Education (CSE) and related service provider agencies
- Maintain and oversee logs for intervention services and CSE related meetings
- Serve as liaison and advocate for families and students with the CSE and other agencies
- Oversee the implementation of assessments and assessment programs, such as BIPs and FBAs.
Community Roots Middle School staff serve as co-Crew Leaders. Responsibilities of a Crew Leader include:
- Serve as the academic advisor to a small group of students, supporting their academic and leadership development through the Crew curriculum, acting as a liaison between the school and their families, and attending professional meetings to support this work
- Collaborate with colleagues to develop and implement Crew curricula that support students’ learning and is aligned with the school’s mission, core values, priorities and structures
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary scale based on years of experience and certification
- 403b with employer match
- Single and family dental, vision, and health care
How to apply:
Please apply online at www.communityroots.org/jobs.