Operations / Administration Operations Associate
Position Title: Operations Associate
Location: Metro Denver
Salary Range: $50,000 – $60,000
Founded in 2017, Moonshot edVentures is recognized nationally as a model for a place-based approach to identifying a diverse pipeline of educators and accelerating them to found and/or lead schools and programs centered on innovative and learner-centered practices. Moonshot is currently training our fifth cohort of Fellows and continuing to grow our alumni network and services. Moonshot identifies educators who are at least 2 or 3 years away from launching their idea and provides them with high-quality, comprehensive programming focused on leadership development, model design, and pathways to launch. Through mentorship, partnerships and local community engagement, Fellows complete the program ready to launch innovative and effective learning environments for students who have been traditionally underserved by our current education system.
Moonshot’s key program components include:
- Moonshot Fellowship
- Explore: The first stage of the Fellowship (August – December) where Fellows hone their leadership, co-create their design with students and families, and build their knowledge of pathways to launch their venture.
- Cultivate: The second stage of the Fellowship (January – May) where Fellows test key assumptions of their model, execute two pilots, and manage a group of their peers to execute programming for students.
- Prepare For Launch: The third and final stage of the Fellowship (Summer/Fall) where Fellows pilot independently for 1-2 weeks.
- Residency Bridge Year: A part-time, year-long program where Moonshot alumni seeking to launch or lead schools develop their academic models and instructional leadership, and, if applicable, create their school launch plan.
- School Launcher Track: A full-time, year-long program where Residents work as administrators at host schools and engage in Moonshot workshops with the goal of submitting a high-quality charter application at the completion.
- Program Launcher Track: Expected to launch in 2022, this full-time year-long program will be for Moonshot alumni program founders. Through this track, Residents will work with Moonshot building their skills and long-term plans for fundraising, revenue-generation, proof of model, and scaling.
- Alumni Supports & Services: Moonshot supports its 84 and growing alumni base with a menu of services including a micro-grant program, an Expert Bench of consultants that alumni access free-of-cost, and 1:1 support on fundraising, career development, and piloting.
In the coming year, we aim to add 16 fellows to our network (84 to 100), six new ventures (24 to 30), add at least two new schools (2 to 4-6), and provide 200 hours of support for our alumni(800 to 1000). We will also engage in a strategic planning process that will build on Moonshot’s success and set the strategic direction for the next five years.
Moonshot edVentures seeks an Operations Associate to support the Moonshot team in delivering high-quality programming and supporting a high-functioning, sustainable organizational culture. The Operations Associate will provide critical executive support to the CEO and Managing Director to ensure high levels of productivity on key organizational priorities. Additionally, the Operations Associate will manage all travel and marketing logistics for the team and Fellowship and provide administrative support on programming, finance, and operations. The Operations Associate will be joining during a pivotal time as the Moonshot team builds out the next 5-year strategic direction and expands programming opportunities.
The Operations Associate will be based in the Metro Denver, CO area. This role will report directly to the Chief Executive Officer and will provide operational support to all five members of our team. This person’s contributions will help us succeed in building and growing our program in service of improving educational outcomes for students of color.
The primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to the following:
- Meeting and calendar management for CEO & MD, Program
- Schedule and organize team meetings and conference calls ensuring that meetings run smoothly by managing calendar invites and call details
- Prepare any needed meeting materials & preparation including supporting with any post-meeting follow-up action items
- Maintain and manage calendars for the Chief Executive Officer and the Managing Director, Programs utilizing Google Calendar
- Travel and marketing logistics
- Book and track travel for all Moonshot edVentures team and current fellows
- Manage all travel arrangements including air, hotel, ground transportation
- Develop and format monthly network newsletters collaborating with team to create engaging content and helpful resources
- Administrative support
- Create and maintain systems in the team’s task management platform (ClickUp)
- Support program team in creation of templates and materials for the Fellowship
- Drafting and sending thank you cards and gifts for speakers and donors
- Drafting speaker feedback using Fellowship surveys
- Finance & Operations
- Filing materials and managing archives in GSuite
- Managing team office supplies, including ordering & inventory
- Support Finance & Operations Senior Manager in tracking invoices and receipts to allow for a timely monthly close
Success in this position will require the following:
- What you’ve accomplished (required):
- 1+ years of experience in one of these capacities:
- in a similar role ideally with a mission-driven organization
- as a K-12 teacher successfully managing your own classroom
- as a recent college graduate having held a significant campus/extracurricular leadership role
- You have successfully led a project from start to finish mapping out timeline and deliverables
- 1+ years of experience in one of these capacities:
- Experiences you’ve either developed or would be excited to learn here:
- You are interested in education equity and learning about the K-12 education space from the perspective of school leadership
- You seek to grow your project management skills while working closely with executive leaders who will prioritize your growth through feedback and professional development opportunities
- How you work and what you value:
- An empathetic team member aligned to our mission & values with a deep commitment to racial and social justice and a drive to support leadership development programs that help students of color to excel and succeed.
- A continuous learner who welcomes feedback, takes initiative of their own learning, and is able to manage ambiguity in start up, sustaining and scaling environments
- An exemplary operator who plans ahead and organizes their time effectively while managing many moving pieces and facing competing priorities.
- An expert at managing your time and other team member’s time while measuring your work and tackling many moving pieces and competing priorities.
- An innovator and builder who finds energy and excitement in building and creating new systems and processes that make the work more efficient.
- A self-starter who can move projects forward without heavy oversight being proactive in figuring out details on their own
- A relationship-builder with a strong customer service mindset who provides a positive experience for our fellows and alumni
COMPENSATION & BENEFITS
- The salary range for this position is $50,000 – $60,000.
- We offer excellent benefits, including a 401k plan, 90% coverage of medical and dental insurance, opportunities for local and national personal and professional development, generous PTO and sick days, and relocation assistance if needed.
- Staff who are required to work nights and weekends receive 1:1 comp time (e.g. if you work 4 hours on a Thursday night, you might have Friday morning off)
- Flexible work culture with the option to work from coworking space or from home with the exception of in person team meetings and programming
Moonshot is currently operating our programs with a hybrid approach including a mix of in-person and virtual experiences. We are closely monitoring the COVID-19 pandemic, including district, city, state and national guidance, and adjust our approach as necessary to prioritize the health and safety of everyone in our program and organization.
Moonshot edVentures is partnering with RCG Talent Solutions to find our next Operations Associate. Please follow this link to submit your application and direct all questions to Miranda Cortez (email@example.com).
Moonshot edVentures is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment. In compliance with federal, state and local laws, all hiring decisions will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by law. We are deeply committed to building diverse candidate pools for all positions and creating a work culture and environment inclusive of all. Women, people of color, LGBTQ+ individuals, people with disabilities, and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply.