Operations / Administration Operations Manager
Link children with the futures they deserve. Our intentionally small and community-focused independent charter school is seeking an Operations Manager. This individual would join our dedicated team of professionals who have been ‘linking’ academics, values, and community since 2005. Our community needs a team player to collaborate with and support staff, engage families and students, and support the day-to-day operations of Harlem Link.
Operations at Harlem Link
The Operations Manager is a year-round, full-time member of the Operations Team who reports directly to the Director of Operations and Human Resources. The goal of the Operations Team is to ensure that teachers and students have the environment, materials, and processes they need to be safe and successful, and ensure the physical space meets Link’s school culture, safety, and organizational goals. Operations should run smoothly and collaboratively across the Link campus.
The Operations Manager serves as a thought partner for the Director of Operations and Human Resources in developing and executing ongoing school-wide systems. As a key member of the school-based Operations Team, this role is responsible for overseeing the maintenance of all operations-related systems, general office projects and ongoing facility issues. The Operations Manager serves as the primary point of escalation and on-the-ground facilities issues to the Link Leadership team and is responsible for ensuring building safety for all students and staff.
Outcomes and Responsibilities
Management of School Facilities
Outcome: The physical environment supports the work of each staff member and child, and is aligned with school vision, branding and communications language.
- Manage physical checklists, lead regular facility walkthroughs and escalate issues as needed in coordination with Ops team and Custodial Engineer;
- Support operational systems by providing staff members with a rapid and appropriate response when building- and custodial-related needs arise;
- Develop tracking and escalation system for punch-list items, and preventive maintenance cycles;
- Schedule, organize, clean, and stock supplies for common areas on an ongoing basis;
- Create and develop inventory systems for use across communal spaces;
- Assist in negotiating all work order contracts to ensure alignment with monthly spending budgets;
- Support ongoing renovations projects and furniture upgrades.
- Maintain accurate signage that promotes school culture and emergency exit signage;
- Support School Safety and Building Response Team needs
Ownership of Procurement and Requisition Systems
Outcome: The procurement lifecycle is comprehensive, consistent and transparent to the whole staff.
- Support vendor selection and interviews
- Managing account creation for regular school vendors and facilities partners
- Lead purchase order management by Ops staff, including materials requisitioning and receiving, inventory management, and invoice reconciliation and payment;
- Provide oversight for team-based purchases to ensure alignment with monthly spending budgets
- Support strategic planning for order request systems and inventory management tools and trainings by regularly evaluating system efficacy.
General Operations and Communications
Outcome: Operations systems and resources support the school mission and serve the community.
- Provide coverage for other Operations team members
- Greet and interact with visitors and school personnel in a professional and positive manner;
- Maintain the cleanliness and professionalism of the school environment, running miscellaneous related errands as needed;
- Perform other appropriate duties, as assigned.
- Create and collaborate on all digital tracking and archiving projects
- Support Director of Operations and Director of Finance in strategizing for any upcoming projects and systems; as necessary to the school environment.
- Development of key stakeholder-facing communication (public calendar, Day At-A-Glance, etc.)
All candidates must have:
- Bachelor’s degree or above
- At least 2 years of school-based Operations work
- At least 3 years of project management or personnel management experience
- Commitment to Harlem Link’s unique mission and vision
- Familiarity with digital project management systems, such as Asana or Trello
- Experience managing facilities requests, including tracking of work orders and relationship building with vendors
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Word, and Publisher, and Google Suite Programs (Drive, Sheets, Docs, etc.)
Ideal candidates have:
- Mastery of database and digital project management systems
- Fluency in Spanish and/or French
- Aptitude in design/publication software (i.e InDesign, EMMA, Salesforce, Adobe Suite, etc.)
- Entrepreneurial leadership qualities
Effective candidates are:
- Highly-skilled collaborators with families, school staff, vendors, and community
- Self-motivated learners who are outcomes-oriented and develop professional metrics of success
- Creative thinkers who take a solutions approach to school and family challenges
- Entrepreneurial learners in seeking feedback and professional growth
- Hard-working professionals dedicated to doing whatever it takes so that the staff can do their best and support the success of our children, and to help build strong relationships with families.
Timeframe and Compensation
The Operations Manager is required to be on-site, Monday thru Friday, and reports to the Director of Operations & Human Resources. Some evening and weekend hours may be required with advanced notice.
This is a salaried position with a competitive pay range commensurate with experience. Benefits are provided in accordance with school policy.
Harlem Link is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Join Team Link! To apply, submit a resume and cover letter online at http://www.harlemlink.org/open-positions.html.