School Network Staff PowerSchool Specialist
21st Century Charter School at Gary is a free K-12 public charter school. We are building a team of excellence. We are the top performing charter school in Gary, Indiana. We are one of the few Indiana schools offering an early college program, which allows our qualifying high school students to take real college courses for real college credit, free of charge to our students and their families. Our curriculum and our teaching methods are designed using Core Knowledge in K-8, Project Lead the Way beginning in middle school, and a blended learning model in middle school through high school. We are a TAP school! Please join us if you are committed to excellence, mission-driven, and ready to take 21st Century Charter School @ Gary to uncommonly high levels of achievement! Our teachers cultivate in our students the critical thinking skills they will need to understand how the world around them works and to become leaders and agents of positive change in the world.
Principal and Administrative Team
This is a full-time 12-month position.
The job of PowerSchool Specialist is done for the purpose/s of managing the network for the computerized student administration system; registering and processing student records, and coordinating usage among all system users.
- Assesses operation and malfunctions of hardware and/or software applications (e.g. initiate and review system rule
changes, review and adjust system data) for the purpose of determining appropriate actions to maintain computer and
- Enter and process student records into the system.
- Maintains a variety of files, documents, and student records (e.g. grades, transcripts, academic achievement records, etc.) for the purpose of documenting and/or providing reliable information relative to student records.
- Assists other personnel (Administrators, Teachers, Parents, Students, Department Staff) (e.g. troubleshooting program)
for the purpose of supporting them in the completion of their work activities.
- Collects and completes the required data for the state accounting reports for the purpose of meeting state requirements.
Coordinates the collection and processing of data for the state systems for the purpose of ensuring compliance with state
- Coordinates with other staff (e.g. master schedules, rollover procedures, lunch/bell schedules, school calendar) for the
purpose of completing projects/work orders efficiently.
- Designs reports options and/or database applications (e.g. report cards, registration forms, lunch program) for the
purpose of providing personnel with information customized to their specific needs.
- Instructs other personnel (e.g. provides in-service training, set-up individual accounts, issue passwords, and resolve lock
concerns) for the purpose of ensuring proper and efficient usage of the system and notifying users of system changes.
- Maintains database program website (e.g. parental access) for the purpose of providing current electronic media to the
- Runs maintenance programs daily, weekly and monthly for the purpose of ensuring efficient program operations.
- Attends a meeting as assigned for the purpose of conveying and/or gathering information required to perform functions.
Monitors and coordinates data entry of student attendance accounting system for the purpose of ensuring the accuracy of
data and instructing on proper methods of making corrections.
- Prepares written materials (e.g. reports, memos, letters, etc.) for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written
reference and/or conveying information.
- Procures equipment, supplies, and materials for the purpose of maintaining the availability of required items and completing
- Responds to user requests for a variety of report options for the purpose of disseminating information to appropriate
Job Requirements: Minimum Qualifications
Skills, Knowledge, and Abilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple, technical tasks with a need to periodically upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions. Specific skills required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include record keeping.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform algebra and/or geometry; read technical information, compose a variety of documents, and/or facilitate group discussions; and solve practical problems. Specific knowledge required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job includes: standard office software working knowledge of the school system computer operation/skills.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities and/or meetings; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment. Flexibility is required to work with others; work with data utilizing defined but different processes, and operate equipment using defined methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals; work with a variety of data; and utilize specific, job-related equipment. In working with others, Problem-solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem-solving with equipment is limited. Specific abilities required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: maintaining confidentiality meeting deadlines and schedules working with detailed information/data.