Teacher Preschool Head Group Teacher
The YMCA of Greater New York reaches half a million New Yorkers through programs that focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. The Vanderbilt YMCA is seeking an experienced individual who will plan and implement developmentally appropriate curriculum that supports and encourages the social, emotional, cognitive, and physical needs of preschool students. The Preschool Group Teacher works within the framework of the program to carry out its functions, policies, and procedures; including but not limited to: student assessments, work sampling, individualized plans, and parent / family engagement.
- Ensure the health, safety and well-being of children in the program, by providing close supervision of all activities.
- Work as a supportive team member within the Early Childhood Learning Center and the YMCA Branch; providing supervision and coaching to Assistant Teachers, Teacher Aides, Early Childhood Specialists and volunteers.
- Plan and implement developmentally appropriate and engaging lessons and activities, including but not limited to, literacy, arts, math, cooking, science, outdoor / indoor recreation, field trips.
- Develop classroom centers, coordinated with the on-going curriculum, that respond to children’s interests.
- Facilitate student assessments and work sampling.
- Guide students in their academic growth.
- Work with parents to promote understanding the growth and development of their child, through effective communication.
- Encourage parent participation in special events, meetings, and in-class volunteer opportunities.
- Develop effective communication strategies.
- Maintain a clean and safe classroom environment, by reporting and / or removing all potential hazards, and setting up spaces and materials with a focus on supporting child learning.
- Conduct fire drills and manage emergency procedures, in accordance with the guidelines of the Center and the YMCA of Greater New York.
- Prepare food for children and maintain a family style setting for eating, conducive to language, cognitive and social development, as well as the development of healthy habits.
- Maintain accurate program documentation; including but not limited to incident / accident / behavior reports, attendance sheets, sign-in / sign-out sheets, development / growth forms; document eating and sleeping, parent surveys, etc.
- Maintain equipment, storage, and supply inventory.
- Ensure that all YMCA of Greater New York, Department of Health, and Department of Education (if applicable) guidelines are followed.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- BA in Early Childhood Education or related field and State certification, or NYSED approved certification, or BA in Early Childhood Education and 5 years of experience; Master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum of 3 years of experience working with young children in a group setting.
- Knowledge of child development and developmentally appropriate practices.
- New York State Teaching certification.
- New York State Pre-K Foundation for the Common Core.
How to ApplyWe offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Preschool Head Group Teacher” to email@example.com or to:
Attn.: Joan Kuo
224 East 47th Street
New York, NY 10014
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
214 total views, 1 today