Principal or Vice Principal Principal
The School Principal, in conjunction with the Director of Operations, is responsible for all aspects of running a school. The principal is responsible for overseeing instruction, curriculum, assessment, and professional development.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
INSTRUCTIONAL & SCHOOL LEADERSHIP
- Provide exemplary leadership to all members of the school community to achieve outstanding performance in the school’s mission of preparing each student for college
- Work to dramatically improve student achievement by leading the educational program Manage effectively faculty and staff
- Develop and communicate the school’s systems, culture, and vision, and create a plan to achieve that vision
- Oversee curriculum development and assessment
- Implement effective internal and external assessment systems and use data to inform decisions
- Ensure strong consistency within the school program and curricular alignment with state and other rigorous standards
- Select and share effective curricular and instructional practices from and with other schools Serve as point person for all students and families
EVALUATION & FEEDBACK
- Oversee faculty and staff of the school, including recruitment, selection, evaluation, supervision, retention, and dismissal
- Manage teaching staff, including professional development, staff observations, curriculum development, staff communication, and scheduling and program decisions
- Lead faculty to ensure that all staff are providing well-managed and rigorous daily lessons, reasonable and effective daily homework, and regular and productive afterschool tutoring
- Foster commitment among faculty and staff to the development and fulfillment of the school’s mission and objectives
- Hold teachers accountable for meeting high standards for student academic and behavioral performance
- Work with staff on all curricular, instructional, assessment, and professional development issues and activities to ensure data drives classroom instruction
- Work with staff to foster consistency among staff in enforcing the Student and Family Handbook and other school-wide discipline policies Facilitate positive faculty dynamics
- Work with Special Education Coordinator to ensure 504 accommodations, IEP modifications, and counseling needs are met
- Maintain communication and relations with the families of the school, ensuring they are kept involved with and held accountable for their children’s academic and behavioral performance
- Communicate regularly with families regarding student performance and academic achievement
- Work with staff to correspond regularly with families regarding school policies, trips, events, and milestones
- Work with staff to plan, coordinate, and support family meetings and special events Respond to family concerns promptly and effectively
STUDENT SUPPORT/SCHOOL CULTURE
- Collaborate with school staff to maximize the ability of the school to support students’ academic and socio-emotional development
- Provide leadership to all staff and students in establishing a positive, structured, achievement-oriented, and fun school culture
- Oversee students’ academic and behavioral program, including disciplinary decisions, enforcement of the Student and Family Handbook, scheduling and class decisions, educational program, and assessment and accountability
- Ensure that traditions and rituals that support the school’s college mission are being created and maintained, grade by grade, year to year
- Foster consistency in academic and behavioral expectations in and out of class Ensure effective exam preparation to ensure student success
- Work with appropriate staff to ensure the smooth administration and effectiveness of the after school enrichment programs
- Demonstrate a relentless drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of school
- Help oversee school-wide strategic planning and problem solving
- Work with Director of Operations to lead the school’s administrative program
Required knowledge, skills & abilities:
- Strong organizational skills; extremely careful attention to detail and follow-through.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong communication and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work well in a team.
- Exceptional ability to bridge and enhance cooperative working relationships.
- Ability to create, monitor, and maintain systems that enhance organizational efficiency.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment; flexible, able to work autonomously as well as take direction as needed.
- Passion for the vision of an all-boys school.
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 5 years teaching and working in classrooms and coaching teachers, preferably in urban schools and/or communities
- Experience as a Dean or equivalent leadership role highly preferred
- Experience at a high-performing charter school highly preferred but not required
How to ApplyTo apply, click here
82 total views, 1 today