Principal or Vice Principal Principal
The NET Charter High School
The NET: Gentilly is an alternative high school for students who have dropped out of, been expelled from, or who have otherwise struggled in a traditional school setting. Students at The NET participate in intensive, individualized academic, social, and behavioral supports, earn a high school diploma, and complete rigorous internships with area employers. Our students leave school with the skills, confidence, and experiences necessary to succeed in the career and education paths of their choice.
The NET:Gentilly, which opened in August 2017, is the second campus of The NET. Both schools are built on the belief that alternative schools should not punish or “fix” young people; they should be vibrant, flexible, and restorative environments that support students in being their best selves.
The NET seeks an aligned, driven, and experienced school leader. Through the design and management of systems and culture, instructional vision and execution, and team development, Principals coach, manage, and lead their teams to insure that every student in the school is supported and developed to their greatest potential.
Leading at the NET is an opportunity to develop in one of the most innovative spaces in one of the most progressive places and moments in American public education. As a small school without layers of bureaucracy, this is an opportunity to have a strong voice in developing the school’s vision, design and success.
As the school leader, the Principal is responsible for:
- School Mission and Vision Alignment
- Staff Development and Accountability
- School Culture and Behavior Development
- Curriculum and Instruction
- Systems/Program Design, Management, and Compliance
Education & Experience
- BA required; MA or MEd Preferred; teacher/leader certification a plus but not required
- Minimum 10 years’ experience effectively working with at risk high school students
- Minimum 5 years’ experience effectively leading and coaching adults
- Minimum 5 years’ experience effectively managing programs, departments, or schools
Skills & Approach
- Passion for improving educational opportunities for students with the most serious academic and behavioral challenges
- Strong belief in students as unique and capable individuals
- Effective use of restorative and therapeutic approaches for student and community growth
- Conscious of own identities and privileges and builds cultural responsiveness in self and others
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Careful, detail-oriented data management and analysis skills
- Flexible, positive, learning mindset focused on effective and innovative problem solving
- Dedicated to continually growing as a professional and as a servant leader
- Start date: June 1, 2018
- Schedule: All full time NET positions are year-round
- Salary: Initial salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Future salary increases and bonuses are based on performance and responsibilities.
- Benefits: Comprehensive benefits and generous 403b retirement plan
- Reports to: Executive Director
How to ApplyTo Apply For more information visit: www.thenetnola.org or email resume and cover letter to: Elizabeth Ostberg, Executive Director, email@example.com
264 total views, 1 today