Operations / Administration Program Contract Specialist
$40- 45K Annually
The Program Contract Specialist (PCS) will be responsible for supporting management staff to ensure Head Start contract compliance requirements are met. Key responsibilities will consist of working with Managers, BTQ Financial to ensure timely grant reporting to the Office of Head Start, Governing Body, Policy Council, and Partners. Reports include but are not limited to; semi- and annual reports. The PCS will also coordinate with a the auditors and fiscal staff on the A133 submission, review all reimbursements to the partners and develop fiscal systems to accurately report and monitor payments (such as reimbursement), support the program managers to ensure ongoing monitoring including annual program self-assessments and federal reviews at highest standards, and coordinate ongoing trainings and corrective action plans for managers and partners as assigned.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Services/Education Field is required
- Previous government grants management and quality improvement experience
- Strong computer skills
- Knowledge/experience in contract compliance
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Program Contract Compliance
- Conducts ongoing program monitoring using the HS Performance Monitoring Tools (ex. tracking forms)
- Assists management with all onsite and offsite ongoing monitoring reviews
- Monitors to ensure the Annual Corrective Action Plans are implemented as applicable
- Assists with maintaining compliance with all Early Head Start/Head Start Performance Standards, NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene licensing regulations, and CACFP reporting
- Supports Quality Assurance team as needed by conducting supplemental qualitative & quantitative research via internal/ external data pertaining to early childhood community assessment
- Assists managers with facilitating a data review with early childhood team
- Assists program director and partners in planning for contract renewals and compliance
- Records policy council minutes and ensures program governance requirements are completed
Program Fiscal Compliance
- Supports the program director with monthly and quarterly reimbursement billing/reports and submission to contracting agency and follow up to ensure that payments are received
- Meets with program manager/or director on a monthly basis to review and ensure program compliance and standard are being adhered to according to program and fiscal guidelines of Head Start
- Assists program director to ensure program expenditures and projections are maximized according to grant award
- Supports program directors to ensure that expense reports as required by grants (i.e. monthly, quarterly, and annual)
- Conducts quarterly meetings/trainings with partners to discuss and review program budgeting and fiscal procedures
- Assists managers in the preparation for program and fiscal audits
- Assists managers and BTQ in the preparation of grant renewals, RFPs and budgets
- Uploads financial reports to Grant Solutions, Head Start Enterprise System (HSES) and/or other platforms required by grant
- Conducts ongoing trainings to staff and partners’ staff on new processes and functionality monthly
- Conduct ongoing trainings to partner sites to collect documentation for reimbursement and/or provide Technical assistance to ensure complete submission.
- Schedule ongoing trainings with managers and partners to assist with budgeting and record keeping; monitor and track partner in-kind reporting and submission.
- Other projects as assigned.
How to ApplyPRE-EMPLOYMENT REQUIREMENTS:
- Clearance through DOI Fingerprint Screening, NYS Central Registry, Sex Offender Registry clearance, 3 reference checks, physical examination with updated TB test, varicella, Tdap, MMR (fees may apply)
- Obtain Mandated Reporter training certificate (every 2 years) and comply with agency’s policy and procedure regarding identification and reporting of child abuse and neglect
- Obtain First Aid/CPR and Preventive Infectious Diseases certificate within the first year of employment.
- Meet all employee health requirements in Article 47 (DOHMH) and Head Start Performance Standards.
- Please send all resumes to Willing Chin-Ma Managing Director
260 total views, 1 today