Operations Program Director
Title: Program Director of Career Network: Healthcare
Reports to: Senior Director of Career Development
Location: Bronx, NY
Phipps Neighborhoods helps children, youth, and families in low-income communities rise above poverty. We work in South Bronx neighborhoods where we can address the greatest barriers to lasting success through education and career programs, and access to community resources.
Phipps Neighborhoods Career Network: Healthcare is a career development program that helps young adult’s secure healthcare-related employment and/or education credentials. Phipps Neighborhoods has partnered with Montefiore Health System and Hostos Community College to provide career exploration and experiential instruction focused on the participants’ interests.
Career Network: Healthcare exposes young adults 18 to 26 years of age to careers in the healthcare field. The 13-week program helps young adults secure employment or advanced training within the wide range of job types in the healthcare field – one of the fastest growing sectors in the country, and a sector in which there is a shortage of trained staff. This is an exciting opportunity to lead a groundbreaking sectorial employment program that is providing life changing training to young that have goals to pursue careers in the healthcare sector.
To date, the Career Network: Healthcare program has yielded the following outcomes:
- 71% Completion
- 65% Employment:
- 70% Retention
- An average wage of $16 per hour
Reporting to the Senior Director of Career Development, the Program Director of Career Network will lead all relevant program operations, budget management, partner engagement, and programmatic evaluation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Serve as an internal and external expert on sectorial training and workforce programming, including leading programmatic innovation, analyzing data to support continuous improvement and supporting staff to implement best practices.
- Use strong interpersonal and relationship building skills to develop and maintain partnerships with key stakeholders related to the growth and success of the program, including employers and higher education institutions.
- Articulate and present the program model to partners, funders and external stakeholders in a consistent, compelling and robust manner.
- Convene and facilitate regular meetings with partners to assess progress, identify challenges and determine solutions to address them productively.
- Work with partners, program leadership and staff to select, develop and/or refine curricula that will prepare participants for sustained career oriented employment and advancement.
- Oversee the recruitment, professional development training, and supervision of staff members as well as develop and implement strategy to insure overall programmatic success.
- Ability to speak publicly and knowledgeably about young adult workforce programming and Career Network: Healthcare, specifically.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director of Career Development, work with the development team to diversity funding streams to increase and expand program offerings and services.
- Develop and manage program budget, including reports, vendor relationships, incentives and stipends.
- Monitor program performance and progress via data collection and reporting including making changes for improvement when necessary.
- Plan special events and activities for program participants and staff.
- Participate in agency-wide task forces or committees as necessary, including support of the infusion of career readiness and best practices across programs.
- Ability to translate a vision into an operating plan and effectively communicate the details and timeline to staff establishing benchmarks and goals for accountability.
- Prior experience leading workforce development programs and strong skillset in managing program operations; including development, implementation and evaluation. A previous knowledge of the healthcare sector/field is preferred.
- Demonstrated success in managing complex, multifaceted programs resulting in measurable successes and program growth.
- Possess strong interpersonal, public speaking and relationship-building skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders including program participants, staff, funders and program partners.
- Master’s Degree in social work, education, counseling, public policy or related fields strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated experience working with vulnerable youth learners (the economically disadvantaged and/or other high-needs populations) and the ability to actively and effectively engage on regular bases is required.
- Experience with capturing, logging and interpreting data is required. Excellent analytical thinking, judgment and decision-making skills.
- Have proven ability to prioritize and execute deliverables efficiently and timely with minimum supervision. Ability to multi-task is a must!
- High degree of flexibility, a spirit of innovation and a sense of humor are strongly encouraged.
Hours: This is a full-time management position. The program operates Monday-Friday. Occasional evenings/weekends required
Salary: Compensation is competitive and commensurate with experience
How to ApplyTo Apply: Please forward your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
86 total views, 2 today