Operations Program Director
Phipps Neighborhoods helps children, youth, and families in low-income communities rise above poverty. We work in South Bronx neighborhoods where we can address the greatest barriers to lasting success through education and career programs, and access to community resources.
We’re dedicated to our neighborhoods for the long term, supporting individuals and families as they establish self-sufficiency. Our services create opportunities for people to thrive in every aspect of their lives.
The Program Director is responsible for developing and managing a comprehensive Bronx-based Beacon program serving children, youth and/or adults in educational, recreational, leadership and arts-based programming.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervise all aspects of the program
- Establish program goals and outcome measures to determine the success of each program component
- Maintain enrollment and attendance records as required by all funders
- Report program statistics and information as mandated by funders and Phipps CDC
- Prepare reports as mandated by funders and the Managing Director
- Ensure that all facilities and materials are well maintained
- Model appropriate child, youth and adult development practices
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director
Staffing and Supervision
- Oversee recruitment, training and supervision of all staff
- Oversee weekly timesheets and payroll
- Conduct staff supervision and staff meetings
- Manage evaluation process of all employees
Budget and Development
- Manage all related programmatic budgets
- Provide periodic budgetary updates and reports as requested by the Managing and/or fiscal Directors
Community and stakeholder Engagement
- Maintain and provide oversight of contractual partnerships with private, state and city agencies
- Serve as a liaison between the school principal and Beacon program
- Establish partnerships between the Beacon and all relevant community groups
- Develop a Beacon Advisory Board and facilitate regular meetings
- Obtain continual feedback from constituents to establish new programs and services
- Establish and maintain strategic partnerships between Phipps CDC and relevant community groups, school administrators, public officials, funders, parents and other critical stakeholders and represent organization to community boards, other institutions, agencies, and organizations
- It is essential that the successful candidate have a very strong background in youth development and management of youth development professionals.
- The candidate must have a Baccalaureate degree. A master’s degree is preferred.
- The candidate must have excellent management, administrative and communication skills
- The candidate must have a strong background in program development and strategic planning.
- The candidate must be committed to outcomes driven performance and have an understanding of designing programs toward that end.
- Master’s Degree in related field
- Experience in the field of youth development with progressive responsibilities
- Supervisory experience within the field
- A history of program development and strategic planning responsibilities
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and computer literacy
- Bilingual (Spanish speaking) preferred
- Enthusiasm, creativity and initiative
- A sense of humor and a sense of urgency
How to ApplyInterested Candidates: Please apply online providing your resume and cover letter at www.phippsny.org/about/careers by clicking the Job Portal link. In your cover letter please outline why this position is of interest, exactly how your experience matches the qualifications stated and what you believe differentiates you from other candidates. Additionally, please provide your salary requirements. Submissions without cover letters and salary requirements will not be considered.
90 total views, 1 today