Operations / Administration Program & Operations Associate
Teach Plus is a national nonprofit whose mission is to empower excellent, experienced, and diverse teachers to take leadership over key policy and practice issues that advance equity, opportunity, and student access. The Teach Plus team exists to breathe life into the Student Opportunity Mandate: All students should have the opportunity to achieve their potential in an education system defined by its commitment to equity, responsiveness to individual needs, and ability to prepare students for postsecondary success. At the heart of our work is advocacy for collective impact, beginning with classroom teachers.
What We Do
At Teach Plus, we believe in equity-driven teacher leadership. When we invest in developing our most talented teachers into teacher leaders who are well-informed, persuasive, and prepared to lead, they have deep leverage in advancing equity for students, especially for students of color, low-income students, and those from underserved communities. To close the opportunity gap and to ensure equitable access to a world-class education for all students in the schools and communities we serve, we ignite systems change at multiple levels through our Policy Fellowship and Instructional Leadership programs designed to inspire and equip teachers. We are committed to leading change in our Equity Focus Areas.
What You’ll Do
As a Program and Operations Associate, you will provide administrative support in a variety of areas including recruitment and selection, communications, logistics and event planning, and data and systems management. Reporting to the Program and Operations Manager, you will join a team of other Program and Operations Associates who work cross-functionally and collaboratively with the ultimate goal of ensuring smooth operations. This is an ideal opportunity for a hyper-organized, systems-oriented person looking to learn about various aspects of program management and implementation.
Program and Operations Support
- Liaise between regions and national teams, including People, Communications, Evaluation, Finance, and Program to ensure smooth and effective implementation of operations across these functions.
- Maintain tasks and deadlines for multiple regions and projects through the team use of Asana.
- Support regional team leads with all communication activities including social media and periodic newsletters to keep local teachers informed about key educational issues and to promote Teach Plus.
- Facilitate the submission of stipends, reimbursements, and other payables within finance processes and guidelines for timely payments.
- Provide support to state/program leaders to build and track budget to program expenses.
- Secure contracts and make other purchases as approved by the region/program leader.
- Serve as the central support for all operational systems, including but not limited to, Salesforce, Alchemer, and Campaign Monitor to maintain accurate and timely data, to provide programmatic accountability and funder reports, and to maintain mailing lists.
- Coordinate logistics and set up for monthly Policy Fellows and other program sessions (in-person and virtual) including, but not limited to, sending pre-work, reviewing presentation materials, communicating logistics with teachers, building and sharing surveys, and sending follow up emails.
- Project plan and coordinate logistics for 4-5 retreats in-person and conferences annually (attending some, as needed), including identifying venues, ordering food, managing registration, creating materials, etc.
Recruitment and Selection
- Support the recruitment and selection process across all Teach Plus programs and internal staff positions by supporting outreach activities, logistics, and promoting opportunities, etc.
- Conduct application reviews, monitor the applicant tracking system (Salesforce), assign assessments, and track candidates’ statuses and communication.
- Support the regional teams by communicating application requirements and program details to applicants through multiple channels, including in-person presentations, webinars, etc.
Who You Are
- Early career- at least one year of professional/internship experience, non-profit experience preferred
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously, with high attention to detail
- An effective collaborator who can easily build cross-functional relationships through effective and timely communication
- A quick learner with a desire to learn and serve as central support for a variety of applications and software (i.e. Campaign Monitor, Salesforce, Alchemer, Google suite) and social media platforms
- Have a passion for and commitment to advancing equity and improving public education, including by supporting outstanding and diverse teachers to contribute to the success of all students
What We Offer
The salary for this role is $50,000. Teach Plus offers a benefits package including medical, dental, and vision insurance, 3% matching 401k plan, disability, life insurance, and Flexible Spending Accounts for medical and dependent care expenses. Teach Plus offers generous time off benefits, including 15 vacation days, 3 personal days, 5 sick days, 13 holidays, two org-wide breaks (July and December), and summer ½ day Fridays in July and August. Teach Plus offers paid parental leave and a 4-week paid sabbatical for every five years of service.
Location and Travel
Candidates located in Pennsylvania are strongly preferred and those in nearby states within the Eastern time zone will be prioritized. This is a remote position supporting Pennsylvania and several National Programs within our current portfolio. Some travel to support program events may be required on an as needed basis.
Commitment to Diversity
In order to better-serve the teachers and students at the core of our mission, Teach Plus is committed to maximizing the diversity of our organization. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in any aspect of employment based on race, color, ancestry or national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or age.