School Network Staff Project Manager for Development
HARLEM VILLAGE ACADEMIES
Harlem Village Academies is a progressive K-12 charter school network in Harlem affiliated with the Progressive Education Institute. We are passionate about creating a rich intellectual life for students as well as teachers.
Our vision is to build an enduring American institution that will produce the most inspiring and effective educators, immersed in sophisticated pedagogy while driven by a sense of urgency and accountability. We aim to transform the way teachers are trained, particularly those serving our nation’s most vulnerable children. Our Harlem campus will become a vibrant learning community of graduate students, aspiring young teachers, experienced master teachers, graduate school faculty, and HVA students. The organization now seeks an accomplished VP, Development to grow and steward a portfolio of passionately supportive major donors.
The Manager of Advancement will play a key role in fulfilling HVA’s vision by managing and growing the organization’s major gifts revenue. The Manager will report to the VP, Institutional Advancement and the Advancement Team on fundraising initiatives. This is a chance to combine fundraising in a high-performing existing organization, with the thrill and challenge of a start-up.
The Manager will have a clear understanding that fundraising is a fundamental aspect of the success of the organization and will enthusiastically participate in those efforts. S/he will work in close collaboration with the VP of Institutional Advancement and the Advancement Team, staff and volunteers to strategically work towards HVA’s desired outcomes in this regard and build and maintain relationships on behalf of the organization. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Executive Assistant to the Vice President of Institutional Advancement
- Advancement Team operations and systems management
- Liaises with various offices and staff within HVA as well as externally
- Providing support for Volunteer Programs
- Providing support for Special Events
- At least 2-4 years as an executive assistant, project manager, operations manager, preferably in fundraising
- Demonstrated success as an highly organized team player with immaculate attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated to support the ambitious goals of the VP and the Advancement Team, while keeping the team on track to meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to communicate to various constituencies
- Proficient in project management, budgets and scheduling
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable with exceptionally high standards
- Deeply committed to HVA’s mission; willing to be hands-on (no task too big or too small)
- Adept at managing and following through on multiple projects at once, under deadlines
- Trustworthiness with highly confidential information
How to ApplyFirst, learn about us! Review our website and consider whether Harlem Village Academies is the place for you. If your skills and experience are a match for this role, please apply through the careers section of our website. Harlem Village Academies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and committed to diversity among our staff. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are strongly encouraged to apply. Please apply through the Careers section of our website: http://bit.ly/HVA-Careers.
49 total views, 1 today