Operations / Administration Regional District Manager
What do we do
Red Rabbit is a Black-owned School Food Management Company that works with hundreds of schools, districts, and food banks to uplift communities of color throughout the North East and Mid-Atlantic Regions.
Our professionally trained chefs create menus, source farm fresh ingredients, and cook delicious, thoughtful, and familiar food. School food matters not only because it’s integral to good health, but because what children eat is an essential part of their cultural identity and sense of self.
About the Role
We are looking for a Regional Director to lead regional operations within the Philadelphia metropolitan area. The role provides a unique opportunity to work within the educational and culinary fields in a senior leadership capacity.
As the Regional Director, you will be responsible for effectively managing a cluster of 4-8 school cafeterias, leading a dynamic team of 15-30 employees. This pivotal role involves overseeing team coordination, fostering strong school relationships, and providing administrative oversight. As a senior leadership position, exceptional communication and organizational skills are essential requirements for success in this role.
The ideal candidate is an experienced people manager with the ability to collaborate effectively with staff at all levels. You should possess enthusiasm for working in an urban school environment and embody our commitment to uplifting and honoring the cultural heritage of the children we serve.
- Team Management: Lead, motivate, and coach District Managers and Head Chefs to create a cohesive team environment that embodies our kitchen culture centered around affirming children, delivering exceptional service, and fostering culinary excellence. Collaborate with senior leadership to drive strategic company objectives and partner with school administration to enhance overall school satisfaction.
- School Partnership: Cultivate and nurture relationships with school leaders at various levels. Foster positive partnerships between Red Rabbit team members and school stakeholders, including students, parents, staff, and management. Actively engage the school community and families by promoting Red Rabbit’s distinctive value-added services in the cafeteria.
- Administrative Duties: Maintain communication with District Managers and Head Chefs on a daily basis to promptly address any immediate issues, share best practices, preview upcoming menu changes, and gather feedback. Ensure that recipe development aligns with food cost analysis to adhere to budgetary constraints. Uphold accurate and up-to-date information in Red Rabbit’s data information systems across all kitchens. Ensure compliance with relevant health department regulations (DOH), Child and Adult Care Food Program (CACFP), and National School Lunch Program (NSLP) guidelines.
Skills & Requirements
- BA/BS degree in operations, management or a related field.
- 7+ years of people management experience in a fast paced environment.
- 3+ years must be in a senior management role with P&L or full budget responsibility.
- Demonstrated understanding of food service financials, managing cost, defining budgets.
- Experience managing and training an exempt and non-exempt workforce.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Must be able to manage multiple competing priorities; highly organized, detail oriented and analytical.
- Must be reliable, function well within a team and work calmly and efficiently in a fast moving environment.
Job Type: Full Time
Typical Hours: Monday-Friday
Location: Newark NJ
Salary: $90K – $120K
– Generous PTO- Up to 6 weeks
– Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
– 401k Option
– Class Pass – worldwide access to thousands of top-rated gyms, fitness studios, salons and spas
– Professional Development
– Education Reimbursement Opportunities
– Travel Reimbursements – per-diem for travel from your home location to other locations
– Working in an uplifting and woman-forward company
About The Company
Founded in 2005, Red Rabbit is a black-owned, MWBE Certified, K-12 school food management company that believes choosing to feed children diverse and nutritious food is an act of social justice. Red Rabbit celebrates all cultures in the urban school cafeteria by preparing meals that reflect the heritage of the kids they serve. The company places professionally trained chefs in the school cafeteria to create culturally relevant meals that become part of the school community.
Pro tip: When applying to this job, note we value creativity in thinking and real problem-solving skills. Tell us how you’ve added value to a team in the past and why you want to join Red Rabbit.