Founded in 1965, Wave Hill is a 28-acre public garden and cultural center overlooking the Hudson River and Palisades, in the Riverdale section of the Bronx. Its mission is to celebrate the artistry and legacy of its gardens and landscapes, to preserve its magnificent views, and to explore human connections to the natural world through programs in horticulture, education and the arts. For more information about Wave Hill, please visit www.wavehill.org.
The Position Summary:
Wave Hill seeks a Registrar/Office Manager to join the Education Team. The ideal candidate should be energetic, outgoing and organized. He/she must possess excellent communication, customer service, and computer skills, with the ability to juggle multiple and diverse assignments. He/she will be the point person in handling all incoming calls and inquiries. He/she will interact with visitors, and school groups to ensure they had a positive experience at Wave Hill. Adeptness with interfacing between different information systems is a must. This position reports to the Director of Education. This position requires some weekends and occasional evening work, as requested.
- Coordinate and process school registrations, and payments using Altru reservation and payment system.
- Budget-related responsibilities include, but are not limited to, completing invoices, processing check requests, updating budget sheets
- Maintain general school calendar of all visiting school group.
- Work with Education team regarding all visiting school groups
- Ability to handle and fulfill a high volume of incoming requests, phone calls, and emails, related to a variety of departmental requests (i.e. program questions, reservation fulfillment, vendor questions, program-related customer service concerns)
- Using Altru, update and maintain department’s databases
- Providing the department with monthly reports and quarterly statistics on tracking school groups visits
- Developing procedures for ordering supplies, maintaining inventory and checking out equipment for the department.
- Provide general administrative duties for the Director and department such as setting up meetings, booking conference rooms, sending out acknowledgment letters, filing and check request, tracking department expenses, etc.
- Point person for welcoming school group and informing them of Wave Hill’s policies.
- Assist the Forest Project Senior Manager with any administrative work and recruitments as needed
- Other duties/projects may be assigned.
- Associate Degree in Business Administration or Education, (Bachelor preferred but not required).
- 1 to 2 years’ experience in an office environment
- Welcoming, out-going, and open demeanor
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Experience at a cultural institution a plus.
- Detail-oriented; proficient in Excel & Microsoft Suite
- Works well within a team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to multitask; project management skills a plus
- Knowledge of basic accounting
- Excellent customer service skills
This position is under a collective bargaining agreement.
- Full-time; Non-exempt
- 5 days a week.
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary: $33,875.00
- Benefits: major medical, dental, vision, paid time off, 401k with a pension plan, and life insurance
How to ApplyQualified candidates should send their cover letter and resume to:
Human Resources Manager
339 total views, 1 today