Instructional Support School Acceleration Partner
Jounce Partners, Inc.
At Jounce, three beliefs guide us:
- Teacher quality is the most important driver of student learning;
- Teacher quality is not fixed – teachers can get better, and with effective coaching, they can get better fast;
- School Leaders’ primary goal should be to rapidly increase teacher quality in their schools.
Our mission is to prepare school leaders to rapidly increase the effectiveness of their teachers and, in turn, to accelerate the learning of their students. We support current leaders at existing high-poverty schools through school partnerships. We prepare future school leaders through our School Leader Fellowship, and support them in opening new schools built on the Jounce teacher development model.
Job Title, Duties, and Responsibilities
A School Acceleration Partner will work with the Jounce team to coach school leaders and teachers at Jounce’s partner schools, in order to rapidly accelerate teacher skill growth at these schools and accelerate student learning. Responsibilities will include planning and executing teacher development and school leadership trainings for leaders at up to 15 partner schools; coaching up to 15 teachers directly across up to 6 partner schools; and, in collaboration with the Executive Director and other Jounce Partners, updating and refining Jounce’s teacher development and school leadership model.
- Deep belief in the ability of low-income children to excel academically and the ability of schools to be the drivers of that success; extremely high expectations for student success and school performance;
- Openness to, and desire for, frequent feedback, often delivered publicly and in front of external partners;
- Intense desire to improve and grow professionally;
- Strong lesson design, unit planning, lesson execution, content knowledge, and data analysis skills as a classroom teacher, as evidenced by significant student achievement gains;
- Experience in a school-based leadership role, formally or informally managing adults (strongly preferred);
- Current K-12 teaching certification and/or administrative certification (preferred).
A Brief Note
This is start-up work, which means Jounce School Acceleration Partners are not simply executing on an existing framework. School Acceleration Partners are expected to begin training school leaders on the Jounce teacher-coaching model within a month of their onboarding at Jounce. This requires confidence in one’s expertise as a teacher-coach and teacher-coaching trainer as well as an authentic humility regarding providing training to leaders who potentially have broader managerial experience than the Partner herself.
Compensation and Benefits
Compensation is competitive with similar school leadership, school leader fellowship, and non-profit leadership roles.
How to ApplyTo Apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to Paul Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org.
132 total views, 1 today