Marketing and Communications Senior Corporate Partnerships Manager
ABOUT CODE NATION
Code Nation is a community of high school students, technologists, teachers, business leaders, and other champions. A movement spanning cities, cultures, and industries, our community builds bridges across social and economic divides and unites people with the power to change each others’ lives.
Code Nation equips students with the skills, experiences, and connections that together create access to careers in
technology. With a volunteer teaching cohort of over 300 professional web and software developers and a network of school and company partners, we provide coding courses and work-based learning programs to students who attend under-resourced high schools. Our industry-aligned curriculum and vast network of supporters provide students with the tech skills and social capital they need to break into the tech workforce.
During the 2019-2020 school year, Code Nation pivoted to reach 1,630 students in 72 programs across the Bay Area, Chicago, and New York City, 100% virtually. Software developers collectively volunteered more than 45,000 hours to provide in-person and remote learning in support of Code Nation’s mission in the San Francisco Bay Area, Chicago, and New York City.
Code Nation is committed to being an inclusive, pro-Black, and anti-racist organization. Ideal candidates are committed to educational and tech equity and working against institutional inequities. We believe that anyone can learn to code, and everyone should have access to careers in the thriving tech workforce.
Code Nation is seeking a Senior Corporate Partnerships Manager to build strong relationships with a diverse community of corporate partners to secure donations, facilitate engagement opportunities, and rally volunteers in support of our mission in the Bay Area. Reporting to the Bay Area Managing Director, the Senior Corporate Partnerships Manager will play a key role in the region’s development efforts to raise $1 million by July 2023.
This is a new role on a small, fast-paced, entrepreneurial team and ideal candidates will be versatile and excited to be the wearer of many hats. You’ll be a great fit for this role if you are enthusiastic about taking on new projects, teaching yourself new skills, and embracing challenges with creativity and resourcefulness. Ideal candidates will have an understanding of the steps needed to secure and deepen strategic partnerships and are capable of leveraging existing partner networks to identify new opportunities. You enjoy working with both internal and external stakeholders, and can effectively tailor their communication style to address a wide variety of audiences. Candidates who already have existing connections within Bay Area’s tech sector, educational ecosystem, and/or philanthropic circles are preferred.
The salary range for this position is $72,000-$90,000
The primary responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
Corporate Partnership Prospecting & Cultivation
- Collaborate with the Bay Area Managing Director to set corporate partnership engagement, prospecting, and corporate management annual goals and priorities
- Source and coordinate opportunities to build mutual partnership relationships, understand corporation internal stakeholders, identify key partnership contacts, and initiate appropriate partnership tasks.
- Attend local conferences to network with companies; Execute effective pitches at partnership networking events to secure diverse web and software engineers, volunteers and champions
- Track progress of partnership opportunities in Salesforce.
- Collaborate with the Sr. Manager of Communications and Marketing to tailor national marketing materials to meet local partnership needs and improve Code Nation’s brand visibility and awareness among partners in the region
Corporate Partner Development & Fundraising Support
- Work closely with the Bay Area Managing Director on execution of Code Nation’s fundraising strategy in pursuit of annual fundraising goal (FY23 goal: $1M)
- Proactively leverage support and resources of the National Development Associate to conduct background research and properly prioritize, communicate, and deepen relationships with “best match” prospective companies
- Organize impactful introductory meetings with prospective partners to drive partnership outcomes; assisting the Managing Director with preparing for partnership meetings, facilitating partnership meetings, debriefing, and partnership meetings, and coordinating appropriate follow-up with prospective partners in the pipeline.
- Provide tactical support for corporate fundraising efforts like grant writing, giving campaigns, event planning, and Bay Area Leadership Council (BALC) engagement as needed
Corporate Partnerships Management & Engagement
- Meet weekly with the Program Team to help ensure strong partnership satisfaction and retention
- Contribute to the coordination of 20+ field trips to tech companies; work closely with Program Managers to ensure a positive experience for all stakeholders
- Deliver excellent customer service to partner organizations by addressing challenges and responding to inquiries with timely communication; Ensuring there are appropriate touchpoints with the company throughout the year (e.g. Mid year updates, annual partnership appreciation, and ongoing invitations to program and alumni events
- Collaborate with the National Director of Development and National consultants to report partnership outcomes, track partnership experience, and leverage partnership feedback to address partnership needs and drive progress towards org-wide partnership goals
- Collaborate with the Bay Area Program Director to identify existing programmatic partnership needs and promote engagement opportunities to corporate partners to meet those needs (ie. in person/virtual FLW hosting, laptop donation, special event space)
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
Success in this position will require, but not be limited to, the following proven experiences and competencies:
What you’ve accomplished (required):
- At least 4+ years of professional experience with 3+ year of experience in external facing work; i.e fundraising, partnership development, and/or communications & marketing
- Must be available to work some evenings and weekends
Skills you have developed and knowledge you have acquired:
- Ability to manage and leverage relationships across multiple stakeholder groups
- Ability to build relationships with colleagues grounded in strong communication skills
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate across multiple teams to support seamless program execution
- Strong organizational skills with demonstrated success managing many projects at once
- Proficiency with Google Suite
- Experience with Salesforce or similar CRM software
What you’ve either done or would be excited to learn here:
- Increase knowledge around best practices for individual and corporate giving.
How you work and what you value:
- Deep commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion
- Deep commitment to tech equity
- Comfort with ambiguity while finding the responsibility of driving towards clarity energizing
- Self starter and entrepreneurial.
- Ability to travel throughout the Bay Area region and to work extended hours, including weekends on occasion
- Must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT
Code Nation has a high-performing culture characterized by our desire to provide our staff members with the support, resources, and information they need to be successful in our organization and in the non-profit field in general. If you take on this position, you can expect to be offered a compensation package, including salary and benefits, that will be commensurate with your experience and competitive within the non-profit sector. Some of the benefits we offer to our staff members include, but are not limited to:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance and a Flex spending account for out of pocket medical costs
- Generous Time Off policy-15 days of paid time off & 14 paid holidays/office closures
- 401k Retirement Plan
Code Nation employees must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, and, if hired, present proof of vaccination by start date.