Operations / Administration Senior Director, Youth & Family (West Side YMCA)
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The West Side YMCA is seeking an experienced professional to join its leadership team as the Senior Director, Youth & Family. The Senior Director of Youth and Family will provide leadership for all branch youth, and family programs activities. The incumbent is responsible for the program development and management, staff and volunteer supervision, budget preparation and management, government contract development, implementation as well as overall management, New York State and City Health Code compliance, ACA and community outreach. The incumbent will carry out the mission and vision of the YMCA and demonstrate the YMCA values in all contacts with staff, members, volunteers, government agencies and members of the community. In addition Senior Director will be responsible for West Side YMCA Day Camp Component and Teen programming with leading the development and implementation and will be responsible for staff development and working in collaboration with all Program Directors. .
- Recruit, train, supervise, & evaluate staff and volunteers. Ensure staff members complete all Y required training programs.
- Create, recommend, and implement a comprehensive youth and family program plan which considers space utilization, equipment needs, budget requirements, safety and emergency procedures, YMCA values, and quality standards.
- Plan, implement, supervise, and evaluate: COMPASS Afterschool, summer camp, and all youth, family, and teen programs.
- Regularly review all programs for Association and regulatory compliance. Research, facilitate and build quality programs that provide member satisfaction.
- Conduct annual staff and participant evaluation, using results to improve service quality.
- Work within the community to foster a positive image for the Y to encourage good public relations.
- Assess community needs, develop, and implement new programs. Effectively market programs to the community.
- Develop, track, and manage departmental and government contract budgets, in accordance with Branch, Association, and regulatory compliance.
- Assist the Buildings & Properties department in the scheduling, management, maintenance, and repair of the Youth & Family facilities.
- Adhere to Association Youth & Family standards and guidelines.
- Serve on the leadership team for strategic planning and operations management.
- Serve as liaison to YMCA of Greater New York for Youth & Family cabinet.
- Ensure the integration of the programs into the overall Association and Branch strategic plan.
- Serve as Branch Manager on Duty, as assigned.
- Write funding proposals.
- Actively participate in all training sessions, designated meetings, and special events.
- BA/BS in Human Services, Education or Social Work; MS in Education, Social Work or Non-Profit Management preferred.
- Minimum of five years of experience supervising youth programs and staff.
- Knowledge of planning, implementation and management of programs, budgeting, third party payments and services, and AS400 database.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment.
How to ApplyWe offer an exciting and innovative work environment with an organizational culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Senior Director, Youth & Family” to email@example.com or to: West Side YMCA Attn: Ameera Brooks 5 West 63rd Street New York, New York 10023 EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities New York City’s YMCA | WHERE THERE'S A Y, THERE'S A WAY
532 total views, 1 today