Teacher Special Education and General Education Teachers for k-8 grade ICT Classrooms at Small Progressive Charter School 2021 – 2022
About the Position:
We are looking for K-8 classroom teachers with certification in elementary school, secondary school content area certification (Art, Humanities, Math, Science, Performing Arts, Physical Education, and Spanish) and special education. Community Roots offers Integrated Co-Taught (ICT) classes for all K-5 classrooms and all 6-8 grade core content areas.
Community Roots Charter School (CRCS) is a K-8 school in Fort Greene, Brooklyn. As a diverse by design school, we are committed to being inclusive and centering anti-bias/anti-racist education. We provide all students with an educational environment where learner variability is acknowledged, valued and supported. We view this variability as an inherent strength of our community and use it to inform classroom practices and lesson design. We also establish a strong sense of community where students reflect on their identities, learn from each other, develop critical reading and thinking skills, and are equipped with strategies to take action on issues they care about.
Teaching and learning at CRCS is embedded in a meaningful real world context, where we teach children to see the connections between school and the world. Through a rich social studies focus and a social-emotional curriculum, we aim to equip all of our students with the skills and perspectives that will support them in developing into fully engaged members of their communities.
Please visit our website for more information about our school: www.communityroots.org
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive salary scale based on years of experience with a 403b employer match of retirement contributions
- Single and family dental, vision, and health care
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Available funding for professional development opportunities
- Community of teachers and staff who are driven, compassionate and supportive
- Preference for New York State Teacher Certification
- Prior teaching experience with demonstrated success
- Preference for dual certification in Teaching Students with Disabilities (Special Education) and a content area
Community Roots seeks individuals who:
- Believe that all children have the right to an exceptional education, understand that children learn in different ways, and work hard to provide/create the support each student needs
- Believe that working and educating children in a diverse and inclusive environment is essential
- Are committed to anti-bias/anti-racist education, profesionally and personally
- Are capable of building a safe, nurturing, supportive and high achieving school culture
- Believe that communicating and building relationships with children’s families is essential
- Believe that a combination of creativity and research generates engaging curriculum
- Believe in and are capable of high levels of collaboration and communication
- See themselves as active learners committed to ongoing professional development
- Are reflective and embrace feedback
How to apply: Please apply online at www.communityroots.org/jobs.