Teacher Special Education Teacher
The Special Education Teacher is passionate about supporting the students who are at-risk for academic underperformance due to emotional and/or physical challenges so that they can succeed in the school’s rigorous academic program. The Special Education Teacher holds primary responsibility for providing academic, emotional, and physical services for students who require additional support to thrive within the school’s core academic program.
- The Special Education Teacher will demonstrate a relentless drive to improve the minds, characters & lives of students both in and out of school
- The Special Education Teacher will show unwavering commitment to urban youth achieving greatness
- The Special Education Teacher will create a positive, structured learning environment to ensure that students observe the school’s core values, high expectations, and strict code of conduct
- The Special Education Teacher will implement curricula and activities to meet academic standards
- The Special Education Teacher will design and implement assessments that measure progress towards academic standards
- The Special Education Teacher will use assessment data to refine curriculum and inform instructional practices
- The Special Education Teacher will participate in the collaborative curriculum development process
- The Special Education Teacher will provide consistent rewards and/or consequences for student behavior to ensure that students observe the school’s core values, high expectations, and strict code of conduct
- The Special Education Teacher will be accountable for students’ mastery of academic standards
- The Special Education Teacher will share responsibility for grade-level and school-wide activities
- The Special Education Teacher will exhibit resilience to persevere and turn challenges into opportunities
- The Special Education Teacher will focus constantly on student learning, thinking critically and strategically to respond to student learning needs
- The Special Education Teacher will communicate effectively with students, families, and colleagues
- The Special Education Teacher will engage families in their children’s education
- The Special Education Teacher will commit to continual professional growth, participating actively in department meetings, faculty meetings, and other meetings
- The Special Education Teacher will participate in an annual three-week staff orientation and training
- The Special Education Teacher will mentor and engage an Apprentice Teacher in instructional practice and professional development
- The Special Education Teacher will include an Apprentice Teacher in daily classroom activities to help students meet academic standards
- Drive to improve the minds and lives of students in and out of the classroom
- Proven track-record of high achievement in the classroom
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for academic subject
- Evidence of self-motivation and willingness to be a team player
- Bachelor’s degree is required; Master’s degree is preferred
- Minimum of two years teaching experience in an urban public school or charter school setting
- Valid State Certification is helpful but not required
- Belief in and alignment with Uncommon’s core beliefs and educational philosophy is non-negotiable
- By the time that employment begins, candidates must have received a Bachelor’s degree from a College or University. For teaching roles in New York and Massachusetts, candidates must have also earned a cumulative Grade Point Average (GPA) of 2.75 or higher by the time employment begins. For teaching roles in New Jersey, the candidates must have earned a cumulative 2.75 GPA (for candidates graduating before September 1, 2016) or 3.0 (for candidates graduating on or after September 1, 2016).
We offer a competitive compensation package, including a salary significantly above the district scale and comprehensive health benefits. Aside from extensive professional development, all our teachers are equipped with a laptop computer, email, high-speed internet access, library budget, and all necessary instructional supplies.
The foregoing information is requested for mandatory government reporting purposes only. As an equal opportunity employer, we hire without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, or any other category protected by applicable law.
How to ApplyTo apply, click here
293 total views, 1 today