Teacher Special Education Tutors/Instructors
About Varsity Tutors
We are revolutionizing the way the world learns.
Our mission is simple: to help people learn! Varsity Tutors is a fast-growing education technology company that is revolutionizing how people learn with new and innovative technology. Our award-winning online and mobile learning platforms connect students and professionals from all around the world with experts to achieve any goal.
As a part of this vision, we are looking to contract educators and connect them with students online in small groups and 1:1 opportunities.
About the Opportunity
Varsity Tutors is looking for professionals in special education and reading/math remediation to teach classes and tutor online. By partnering with Varsity Tutors as an independent contractor, teaching students online becomes easier, which we believe improves outcomes. Some benefits of the platform include:
- face-to-face video through the live online platform anywhere & anytime (on PC, Mac or mobile device Phone, iPad, Android).
- interactive and collaborative learning tools, including session recordings, whiteboard/sketchpad, the ability to draw with a mouse or touch screen, etc.
- a team that takes care of finding students and discussing payments for you! (You’ll never have to ask a client about billing!)
What’s in it for you?
- the opportunity to tutor 1:1 and/or teach 100% online
- the ability to design your own courses & curriculum
- the freedom to use your own teaching styles and methods
- the freedom to set your own schedule (no mandatory hours or opportunities!)
- competitive rates that start at $15-$50/hour (depending on certifications, specific program expertise, and teaching format)
- a dedicated technical support team for tutors and clients
What are we looking for?
- Certified educators
- Experience working with students on IEPs or 504s
- Interest in flexible schedules and remote work
- Availability during the school year and summer
- The desire to help students learn
- Experience or Certification in 1 (or more) of the following programs:
- Special Education
- Reading Specialist
- Orton Gillingham
- Wilson Method
- Susan Barton
- Wired For Reading
- Other similar programs
*Candidates working towards their certification in those areas listed above or similar programs are also encouraged to apply.