Teacher Summer Camp Director and Instructor
Summer Camp Director, In-Person Coding/Tech in locations throughout Greater Boston (full-time seasonal)
Location: Several throughout the Greater Boston area such as in Newton, Lexington, Cambridge, Boston, Milton, North Andover, and Natick
Hours/Dates: Full time, approximately 8am-4:30pm M-F. Camps run 6-10 weeks, June 27-Sept 2.
Pay: $21-25 per hour
Are you a strong leader with great interpersonal skills? Do you have a passion for coding, tech, video games, and/or digital arts? Are you looking for a fun, high-paying and fulfilling summer job? Come join us! As a Summer Camp Director with Empow Studios, you will lead a team of instructors to inspire and educate youth to create projects using today’s latest computer technologies, and engage campers with games, outdoor play, and other fun activities to reinforce learning and create a positive environment for all.
We offer a fun, supportive environment, with kids who love coming to camp; amazing training and coaching; experience using best-in-class education technology and curriculum; enough outdoor time to keep kids happy and focused in class; amazing colleagues; and great pay.
- Leading and coaching a team of instructors and dozens of campers
- Coaching instructors to create an experience that maximizes learning and fun for every student
- Developing strong relationships with each camper’s caregivers and actively communicating with them about their child(ren)’s successes, challenges and recommended next steps
- Hosting weekly showcases where parents see the amazing projects their children have created
- Engaging your team and students with games and other fun bonding activities during breaks
- Making sure that your team takes advantage of Empow Studio policies and best practices
- Using a wealth of weekly quality data to pinpoint opportunities for improvement
- Leveraging Empow’s regional resources including subject matter experts and instructional trainers to ensure that your site meets or surpasses Empow’s high quality standards
- At least 4 weeks experience as an instructor of elementary or middle school students in a camp, school, or after-school program (any subject matter)
- At least 2 seasons experience in a leadership role at a camp OR similar leadership experience that can be augmented by completing a camping administration course
- Have or be able to complete training and certification in first-aid/CPR and healthcare supervision
- Able to start Empow training in person or online in June (paid, part-time, flexible hours)
- Have reliable local transportation
- 21+ years of age
Summer Camp STEM Instructor (full-time seasonal)
Location: Several throughout the Greater Boston Area such as in Newton, Lexington, Cambridge, Boston, Milton, North Andover, and Natick
Hours/Dates: Full time approximately 9am-5pm M-F. Camps run 10 weeks, June 27-Sept 2. Minimum instructor availability for 6 of those weeks.
Pay: $17-25 per hour
Empow Studios, an award-winning provider of tech classes and camps for kids 7-15, is looking for dozens of energetic and enthusiastic technology-loving instructors for its upcoming 2022 summer camps. Camp instructors teach one tech class of typically 8 students per week, and ensure that students have a great time learning and building cool stuff. No prior experience teaching tech is necessary, but working with children previously is a must. Our paid training and curriculum will give everything you need to succeed!
This is a fun and rewarding job that is a great fit for college and grad students and teachers looking for a fun and lower-stress learning experience. We offer a fun, supportive environment, with kids who love coming to camp; amazing training and coaching; experience using best-in-class education technology and curriculum; flexible hours; just the right amount of outdoor camp activities; and great pay.
Who You Are
Empow Studio instructors (camp counselors) are motivated and engaging individuals who care about making a difference and delivering a quality experience for children.
What You’ll Do
- Teach one or a few of our exciting technology-based courses this summer to kids 7-15
- Receive outstanding training and coaching on our curriculum and approach to classes
- Lead indoor and outdoor fun and games
- Participate in Friday showcases where students show off their amazing projects to family and friends
You Should Have
- Strong experience working with children
- High comfort with technology
- Have at least some college education (current college students and incoming freshmen are very welcome!) (We also have positions for HS Students: check out empow.me/jobs)
- Ability to clear background checks