Instructional Support Summer Teacher Coach
WHO WE ARE
Generation Teach is led by a national team of educators, driven by five core values – belonging, investment, initiative, growth, and excellence. We partner with communities to build local, diverse pipelines of exemplary educators who reflect the students and communities we serve. We recruit, train, and empower professional teachers to invest in their next generation of colleagues by coaching, mentoring, and supporting undergraduate and high-school students who are exploring careers in education as summer teaching fellows.
On average, our summer teaching fellows are:
- 75% people of color
- 60% Black and/or Latinx
- 75% local – they grew up or attend college in our communities
- 40% First Gen
We are committed to investing a new generation of prospective teachers in our most important profession. Every year, we learn with and from our fellows, professional teachers, and students. Learn and grow with us this summer!
WHO YOU ARE
- You are a professional teacher who shares our core values and our commitment to ending educational inequity.
- You value contributing to a diverse community of learners who challenge and support one another.
- You want to invest your summer in the success of others. As a GT Summer Teacher Coach, you will focus on your undergraduate and high-school summer teaching fellows – their experiences and their success.
- You are eager to receive feedback and coaching to develop the next generation of educators.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
You will complete two days of pre-summer training to learn about our program and protocols for lesson rehearsals, daily observations, growth conferences, and Teaching Fellow evaluation. You will participate in two weeks of pre-STEAM Academy training for Teaching Fellows and will lead practice sessions, model teach a lesson from our curriculum, and conduct lesson rehearsals. During our STEAM Academy, you will observe 4 Teaching Fellows each day, provide daily feedback, lead weekly rehearsals and data analysis sessions, and model teach complex concepts. The Teacher Coach position is a powerful opportunity to reflect and grow as a teacher and leader.
During the two weeks of Teaching Fellow training, the commitment is four hours a day, Monday – Friday (actual hours to be determined). During the STEAM Academy, the hours are Monday – Friday from 8:45 a.m. – noon. Teacher Coaches are welcome to arrive earlier or stay later to participate in other aspects of the STEAM Academy. If you are seeking a full-time role, please consider our Dean of Experiential Learning or Assistant Director role(s).
- Complete pre-reading and two days of pre-summer training
- Develop a thorough understanding of the core curricula of the summer program to support and advise Teaching Fellows
- Facilitate lesson rehearsals
- Observe each Teaching Fellow every day and provide actionable feedback through a growth conference or feedback note
- Communicate and collaborate with the Director to ensure Teaching Fellow success inside and outside the classroom
- Work with Teaching Fellows to analyze student work and adjust instruction
- Confer with other Teacher Coaches to identify professional development needs and opportunities
- Complete pre-, mid-, and post-summer evaluations of Teaching Fellows
- Evaluate program and give actionable feedback for continued evolution of best practices
Ideal candidates will meet or exceed the following qualifications:
- Model and embody GT core values
- Believe all students can and will achieve
- Build and value relationships
- Create communities where everyone grows as learners, collaborators, and teachers
- Seek and implement feedback
- Problem solve quickly while working strategically toward long-term results
- Show initiative to lead when appropriate
- Invest in the experience and success of others
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, at least two years of full-time teaching experience, and desire to grow while developing the next generation of urban educators
COMPENSATION AND COMMITMENT
The commitment is Monday through Friday, June 4, 2018 through July 20, 2018, 8:45 a.m. to noon. Compensation for the part-time coaching position is $2,100.
How to ApplyLearn more here. To apply, follow the link found at www.generationteach.org/coach. You will submit an online application with your resume, content preferences, video of your classroom teaching, and recommendation from a supervisor. We will invite top candidates to a Google Hangouts interview and will role play a coaching scenario. The priority deadline is February 5. The final deadline is March 5.
289 total views, 2 today