Principal or Vice Principal Superintendent
Wonderful College Prep Academy is a free public charter organization dedicated to the success of every student. High-tech classrooms, caring teachers, and hands-on learning help our 1,700 preschool through 12th grade students prepare for college and ultimately pursue promising careers. And, our students can earn free college credit on campus before graduating! The Academy is located on two new state-of-the-art campuses in Delano and Lost Hills, CA.
This is an exciting point in The Wonderful College Prep Academy’s growth. As we build upon 9 years of consistently improving student outcomes and expand our campuses to eventually accommodate up to 2,500 students, we are seeking a mission driven, strategic Superintendent to lead us to new levels of excellence.
Reporting to the Board of Trustees, the Superintendent will have oversight for a sizable operating budget and directly manage a team of seven administrators and a total staff of 165. This is a unique opportunity to lead an innovative, high-performing Charter Management Organization through the next phase of its evolution. And, because of the sponsorship of The Wonderful Company, the focus can be entirely on preparing students in the Central Valley for the best universities and not on the constant fundraising demands so common in other charter organizations.
Here’s what you’ll do:
Strategy and Development
- In collaboration with the Board of Directors and the senior leadership team, determine strategic priorities for the Academies and effectively communicate these to stakeholders.
- Ensure a high-quality implementation of Wonderful’s education design, including standards, assessments, instructional guidelines, and culture; refine the Wonderful model to improve student outcomes.
- Manage opening of new schools to meet growth targets while maintaining exceptional student academic outcomes.
- Recruit highly qualified principals, educators, and home office staff; effectively develop staff; address performance as necessary on a timely basis; consult with Human Resources as appropriate.
- Coach, develop, and empower Principals and home office leaders, in their roles as instructional leaders and site/regional managers.
- Exemplify Wonderful College Prep Academy’s mission, vision, standards, policies and procedures, and code of ethical behavior.
- Assess and communicate results, progress on goals and growth targets, and action plans designed to build success.
- Represent the Academy within the Wonderful Company and Wonderful Education, ensuring alignment with the company’s vision, mission, core values, and education program priorities.
- Represent Wonderful College Prep Academy externally, championing college readiness and college going culture for all youth in the Central Valley.
- Cultivate relationships with local districts, city officials, colleges and community leaders to further Academy’s goals.
- Establish and manage a network of external partners in alignment with the school’s mission and vision.
Government Affairs and Legal
- Manage relations with charter authorizer, Kern County.
- Apply for and oversee major grants.
- Advocate for Academy interests with local, state, and federal government representatives.
- Oversee all legal and human resources matters impacting the Academy.
Here’s what you’ll bring to the table:
The ideal candidate will be an experienced administrator with a proven record of academic success.
Education and Experience
- Minimum of 7 years of leadership experience, either at the school or district level, charter school experience preferred.
- Minimum of 5 years of teaching experience, preferably across multiple levels
- Minimum of 2 years of principal (or equivalent management) experience
- Experience in rural setting and/or serving high risk populations
- Graduate of a recognized college or university with a master’s degree or higher
- A valid California Administrative Services credential preferred, but not required
- Bilingual Spanish speaker preferred
- Passion for working with traditionally underserved communities in high performance settings
- Entrepreneurial spirit capable of managing many complex tasks with competing priorities
- Proven track-record developing and delivering rigorous academic programs within challenging student settings
- Strong leadership and execution abilities including goal-setting, strategic planning, prioritization and capacity-building
- Excellent problem-solver
- Organized and self-managed, able to drive toward outcomes
- Dependable with excellent follow-through
- Proven ability to collaborate and build relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, orally and in writing
- Self-reflective leader who is committed to ongoing learning and growth of self and others
Here’s what we’ll bring to the table:
- Free access to the Wonderful Wellness Clinic
- Free access to the Wonderful Fitness Center
- The company paid health/vision/dental for self
- Employer contributions to CalSTRS
- Voluntary 403b
- Positions are bonus eligible
This is an outstanding opportunity for a highly motivated leader to assume a pivotal role in an innovative educational environment. Wonderful College Prep Academy offers a highly competitive compensation and benefits package, commensurate with experience. Incentive bonuses and relocation stipends are available. Certificated administrators and teachers at Wonderful College Prep Academy are eligible to participate in CalSTRS.
If the Superintendent chooses to reside in Delano, they have the option of living in a 4-bedroom house, provided by The Wonderful Company.
Delano, CA is a quiet agricultural and industrial town located 31 miles north-northwest of Bakersfield. While many Academy employees choose to live in company housing near the Delano campus, Bakersfield and Visalia (41 mi) are within commuting distance. Los Angeles (144 mi), Fresno (77 mi) and several recreational destinations including Sequoia National Park (81 mi) are within driving distance.
The Wonderful Company also has major facilities in Delano and Lost Hills as part of its Citrus and Pistachio & Almond businesses. Academy employees have access to the new Health & Wellness facilities and Fitness Centers free of charge.
Applications and questions should be made to the attention of Valerie Green at firstname.lastname@example.org opens an email client application . Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis.
The Wonderful Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer and with opportunities for advancement. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, age, protected veteran status, or other protected categories.
How to ApplyPlease apply using the following link - https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?c=1057741&d=TheWonderfulCompany-External&r=5000379308406#/
30 total views, 1 today