Teacher Upper and Middle School Photography & Digital Arts Teacher
CA seeks a dynamic Photography & Digital Arts teacher to join its visual arts department as a full-time member, effective August 2019. This position will provide students with a curriculum that embraces multiple disciplines, including, but not limited to digital photography, graphic design, web design, and emerging technologies. The position reports to the Director of Visual and Performing Arts. A Bachelor’s degree is required plus experience teaching visual arts in a school setting.
This is a full-time position that includes:
• 2 sections of Upper School Digital Photography/Digital Art and Design (all-levels)
• 1 section of Advanced Senior Portfolio Class in Photography
• 1 section of Middle School Digital Photography
• 1 Upper School Advisory consisting of 12-13 students
• Participation in the school’s Interim program and other duties as assigned.
• A successful candidate will be prepared to teach a comprehensive and innovative curriculum in both a lab-based and studio-based setting.
• Experience in teaching digital photography, editing, graphic design and visual communication strategies.
• Manages the Senior Portfolio Photography Program by communicating the expectations of the program to interested students, and works with the committee of faculty who select students for the program
• Proficient with MAC platforms. Software knowledge required: Adobe Creative Suite
• Establishes goals and learning objectives for courses of study following department-wide curriculum guidelines
• Maintains discipline, realistic rules of conduct, and a suitable learning environment in the classroom and on campus
• Evaluates student progress and performance in art, as well as in areas of social interaction, behavior, and emotional growth, and communicates students’ performance to parents, the Director of Arts, and the Divisional Head
• Maintains assessment records for each student and prepares reports as required by school
• Works effectively and collaboratively in a team of visual art instructors in a dynamic, multi-divisional art department
• Makes referrals to the school counselor when appropriate
• Attends all departmental and divisional meetings and development days
• Organizes classroom to present a positive and student-centered learning environment
• Participates in the department’s role of displaying art throughout the school and maintaining a digital student art portfolio
CA offers an excellent compensation package, wide-ranging opportunities for professional development, and an environment notable for its dedicated teaching professionals and supportive administrators.
Applicants are also invited to visit the CA website (www.coloradoacademy.org) to learn more about the school and its program.
Colorado Academy does not discriminate against any individual on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, genetic information, age, disability, status as a veteran or being a member of the Reserves or National Guard, or any other classification protected under state or federal law.
How to ApplyApply online at: Colorado Academy Job Opportunities
607 total views, 1 today