Operations / Administration Vice President Business Development – Education
Openings in Colorado, Georgia and Texas. Must reside in state.
Work. With Purpose
ChanceLight, a growing, dynamic organization with a social mission to offer hope, is seeking an individual to join our family.
This individual will join an award-winning team and perform meaningful work in a culture that welcomes innovation, encourages creative expression and offers limitless potential for personal and professional satisfaction.
If you thrive in a fast-paced, goal-oriented, outcome-driven environment, seek a career with a social mission, and possess a problem-solving mindset, a sense of humor – and a stellar work ethic – we should talk.
The Vice President of Business Development (VP) is the front-line sales executive working with targeted school districts to sell-in ChanceLight Education services. Working as a member of a business development team with the Executive Vice President (EVP), this executive is responsible for building deep and broad relationships with school districts in targeted markets. This role requires the ability to navigate the financial, operational and academic performance issues in a thorough and fair manner. This is an individual contributor role with 50%-70% travel.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Exhibits strong identification, buy-in and passion for the mission of high quality education.
- Delivers the revenue goals established for the region by developing and managing related business development plans for the region.
- Well-versed in all ChanceLight lines of business and seizes cross channel selling opportunities as they arise.
- Utilizes corporate CRM software to track leads/projects, contacts, account development and pipeline specifics.
- Identifies and establishes strong relationships with key decision makers within targeted states and school districts.
- Manages and executes service contracts which includes but is not limited to:
- conducting evaluations of district needs,
- performing return-on-investment (ROI) analyses,
- persuading key decision makers to support the sell-in process,
- negotiating contract parameters, and
- obtaining final contract approval.
- Works closely with peers to share best practices and support the EVP in large scale initiatives.
- Ensures that all referral contact information is updated and the outcome of each activity with the referral is properly recorded.
- Structures work load and work flow independently to maximize productivity, generally out of a home office and/or on the road.
- Displays excellent human relations skills as judged by intellect, communications ability, approachability, and integrity.
- Maintains a schedule of periodic contact (service calls/visits) with current and previous customers to inquire about satisfaction with services and need for other services.
- Schedules and coordinates activities requiring travel to maximize the promotion of Company services at the most efficient cost of travel possible.
- Keeps EVP informed as directed regarding development, progress, and modifications of strategic business development plan for assigned region.
The VP takes advantage of full complement of ChanceLight resources and works with key district administrators/superintendents, central office and site administrators. Additionally, this position works with key corporate staff as outlined below to facilitate the sales process.
- Program/Center Operations –The VP establishes close and trusting relationships with ChanceLight operations staff that will become responsible for the program/center once the contract is signed. S/he maintains awareness of the larger operational issues affecting ChanceLight, as these will affect the sales process in new districts. In addition, the complex nature of the personnel and relationships inherent in outsourcing to private management requires hand-in-glove cooperation between the sales and operations teams when the program is implemented.
- Finance – Budget analysts will support the VP in the development of budgets and other financial tools for use in structuring pricing and other agreement terms.
- Legal – Attorneys and contract specialists will author the detailed terms of district agreements at the direction of the VP.
- Program – The VP works with the program staff to understand and accurately represent ESA’s achievement record.
- Communications & Media – The VP leverages the corporate media expertise to ensure consistent and effective public communication about ChanceLight’s record and its successes.
- Other SVPs and VPs of Business Development to coordinate and leverage his/her respective learning, best practices and in targeting marketplace opportunities.
KEY COMPETENCIES FOR SUCCESS:
- Able to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public over the telephone and in person.
- Able to cold call and/or meet with individuals of all levels with confidence to initiate dialog regarding their job and ChanceLight services available.
- Easily engage customers in dialog evoking service needs and effectively communicates how ChanceLight services may assist in meeting their service needs.
- Self-confident individual with his/her ego well in check, as well as a collaborative team player.
- Person who is motivated by his/her impact on the organization.
- Thinker who is innovative and intellectually curious, and who can operate successfully among very bright and charismatic people.
- Senior executive open to feedback, continuous learning and committed to ongoing self -improvement.
- Person with the ability to build credibility, make quick decisions when necessary, and deliver fast results.
- Focuses on execution and getting results.
- Metrics and Data driven.
- Strong score card culture of clear responsibility and accountability.
- Demonstrating resilience and persistence in getting things done.
- Showing confidence and sound judgment in taking decisions, strong decision facilitator and/or maker.
Education Required: Bachelor’s or higher
Experience Required: 5 years: Successful sales, business development or Administrative leadership experience selling/delivering services (ideally) or products into Colorado, Georgia or Texas based school districts or government entities.