Instructional Support Virtual Algebra I Tutor (New York)
Littera Education is looking for virtual Algebra I tutors to join our Fall 2023 tutor pool for the upcoming school year. Availability for at least one full hour (the same hour) on at least two weekdays (the same days) from week to week is preferred.
- Do you enjoy supporting students and developing their understanding of math concepts?
- Are you interested in providing high-quality tutoring support?
Once you are matched to students with an assigned schedule, we ask that you commit to that schedule in order to build a strong tutor:student relationship.
Please note, this is a remote contract position and is not full-time. This role is perfect for you if you are interested in earning supplemental income with a flexible schedule that you choose, we do not guarantee a set number of hours per week. At Littera Education, our mission supports equitable, high-quality tutoring reaching students in school districts across the United States. Our high-dosage tutoring model pairs students with the same tutor for 2-3 sessions a week.
What will you do as a Littera tutor?
- Indicate the days/times you are availability to to tutor – without minimum or maximum requirements
- Complete curriculum reviews for the lesson content you would like to use in sessions.
- Tutor students virtually in a 1:1 – 1:3 setting.
- Build relationships with students located across the United States.
- Review provided lesson content materials
- Impact a student’s learning experience!
- Relevant experience working with school-age learners in some capacity.
- Relatively consistent calendar ongoing availability that will support a session series from week to week at the same time with the same student(s) in this Littera high-impact tutoring program.
- A confident knowledge of at least one of the following: algebra I, algebra II, geometry, or pre-algebra.
- Ability to effectively instruct and engage students with clear communication and interpersonal skills.
- A high comfort level with online virtual tools and technology.
- Desktop or Laptop using the Chrome browser, a video camera, a reliable/stable internet connection. We recommend a hard-wired high-speed internet connection and a noise canceling headset with microphone
- You must reside in New York (note this role is 100% remote)
- United States residency is required
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred, but college students are welcome to apply with 1+ years of relevant experience.
- Once you are matched to students and assigned a schedule, we ask that you commit to that schedule in order to build a strong tutor:student relationship.
What is the process?
- Submit your application
- Complete a 2 minute video reply sharing your experience with math or algebra
- Attend a virtual mock appointment with a 5 minute tutoring demonstration
- Review and sign the Tutor Agreement, consent to and pass a background check
- Tutors that receive an offer will be asked to successfully complete fingerprinting forms, and schedule an in-person fingerprinting appointment within ten days of signing your tutor agreement.
*Note: All applicants will be required to complete the Littera tutor fingerprinting steps. Previous fingerprinting results are not transferable.
How are tutors scheduled?
Littera tutors set their availability in their tutor dashboard. Sessions are offered at Littera Monday to Friday, with session times generally between 8am ET to 9pm ET. Tutors share the subjects and levels of interest to tutor and open calendar availability. Curriculum is provided for all sessions. Following a complete tutor profile, and a review of the curriculum platform(s), the platform begins to seek to match a tutor with an ongoing program series.
The platform may match a tutor with a tutoring series quickly, or the platform may continue to search for a match for the tutor over a number of weeks, based on the incoming student subjects/levels/schedule, and the tutor profile.
Littera prioritizes a consistent student:tutor relationship. Tutors are matched with the same student(s) a few times each week, for a series of weeks, as part of the tutoring program. Opening consistent calendar availability, week to week, is requested.
At Littera Education, our mission supports equitable, high-quality tutoring reaching students in school districts across the United States. Our high-dosage tutoring model pairs students with the same tutor for 2-3 sessions a week.
- Work 100% remotely with a consistent schedule
- Choose your own subjects and levels in your tutor profile
- Set your own availability, no minimums or maximums
- Substitute tutors are available should you need a day off within a scheduled session series.
- Following the successful completion of an algebra assessment. when tutoring high school Algebra I sessions: $22 per hour
- $18 per hour (for non-high school algebra sessions)