Teacher Visual Arts Instructor – Lower & Middle School (2019-2020)
This is a 75%, 10-month position, and the employee is classified as exempt in accordance with guidelines of the FLSA.
Responsibilities for this position include teaching visual art to students in grades 4, 5 and 6, instilling in children on all levels of ability a confidence for creative expression through visual arts, using skills and techniques in accordance with departmental curriculum goals.
The position reports to the Director of Visual and Performing Arts. A Bachelors degree is required plus a minimum of three years experience teaching visual arts in a school setting.
- Teaches students in grades 4, 5 and 6 in a progressive, skill-based and expressive arts curriculum, consisting of, but not limited to, drawing, painting, mixed-media and sculpture.
- Establishes goals and learning objectives for courses of study following department-wide curriculum guidelines
- Maintains discipline, realistic rules of conduct, and a suitable learning environment in the classroom and on campus
- Evaluates student progress and performance in art, as well as in areas of social interaction, behavior, and emotional growth, and communicates students’ performance to parents, the Director of Arts, and the Divisional Head
- Maintains assessment records for each student and prepares reports as required by school
- Works effectively in a team of visual art instructors in a dynamic and collaborative multi-divisional art department
- Makes referrals to the school counselor when appropriate
- Attends all departmental and divisional meetings and development days
- Organizes classroom to present a positive and child centered learning environment
- Participates in the department’s role of displaying art throughout the school and maintaining a digital student art portfolio
CA offers an excellent compensation package, wide-ranging opportunities for professional development, and an environment notable for its dedicated teaching professionals and supportive administrators.
Applicants are also invited to visit the CA website (www.coloradoacademy.org) to learn more about the school and its program.
Colorado Academy does not discriminate in any of its programs, procedures, or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, military service, or other protected status.
How to ApplyPlease apply online at: Colorado Academy Job Opportunities
384 total views, 3 today