Technology [2021-2022] Technical Operations Support I
Originally founded in 1991 as Harlem RBI, DREAM has grown to annually serve more than 2,500 youth across East Harlem and the South Bronx through a network of six PreK-12, extended-day, extended-year DREAM Charter Schools and community sports-based youth development programs. Through our commitment to rigorous academics, social-emotional learning, deep family and community engagement, and health and wellness, we create lifelong learners who are equipped to fulfill their vision of success in and out of the classroom. We dream big, as well, with an aggressive five-year plan to expand to serve 3,500 students across seven schools—growing our organization’s impact and leveling the playing field for all children. To learn more, visit wearedream.org.
Reporting to the IT Manager, the Technical Operations Support staff will be responsible for providing technical assistance and support related to computer systems, hardware, or software in a K-12 school environment. They will respond to queries, run diagnostic programs, isolate problems, and determine and implement solutions, while providing excellent customer service. This is an exciting opportunity for someone with some experience in IT who wants to have a lasting impact on a school community through tech support.
- Providing onsite and remote technical assistance and customer-friendly support for incoming queries and issues related to computer systems, software, and hardware in a K-12 school environment
- Manage deployment of IT assets,including laptops and laptop storage
- Maintaining computer systems, including Macs, Windows PCs, and Chromebooks
- Managing users via G-Suite and Active Directory
- Set up and manage Audio/Video equipment for school events and meetings
- Following up with customers to ensure issues have been resolved
- Documenting all issues and resolutions in the ticketing system
- Performing knowledge transfer between team members for any new technology or procedures
- Training computer users in using technology resources
- Onboarding new users, including installation and preparation of new computers and software
- Escalate issues to appropriate resources as needed
- Keep on top of current technologies and applications
- Complete assigned IT projects with thoroughness and accuracy
- 1-2 years of experience supporting Chromebook, Windows 7/10, and MAC OS X operating systems, managing Apple OS devices with JAMF Casper Suite, managing user groups with Active Directory, and with G-Suite.
- Ability to work within time constraints in a school environment
- A basic understanding of networking principles, including TCP/IP protocols
- Effective understanding of typical desktop applications including Microsoft Office, Chrome, Acrobat, etc.
- Ability to effectively communicate by phone, in writing, or in person
- Ability to prioritize and multitask
- Ability to logically and methodically approach troubleshooting
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
- Customer service oriented approach to support
- Experience with A/V equipment, e.g. camcorders, projectors, mixers, mic and speakers, preferred
- A strong belief in the mission and values of DREAM, including the belief that all students can succeed, and a deep desire to make a difference in the lives of our students, families, and community.
DREAM’s VACCINATION POLICY
DREAM requires vaccination against COVID-19 for all employees. Reasonable Accommodations based on a qualifying disability or sincerely held religious belief are being considered in accordance with applicable law.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION
At DREAM, diversity, equity, and inclusion are a matter of mission.
From our schools to our playing fields, DREAM is committed to building a team where each individual can bring their full identity and experience to work because representation matters—it enriches our team culture, enhances our ability to innovate, and strengthens our impact in and out of the classroom. DREAM engages staff that represent and appreciate the diversity of our majority Black and Hispanic student body, while working to ensure that our practices are equitable, welcoming, and productive. We are dedicated to creating a world where youth, especially youth of color, have permission to dream—along with the tools and opportunities to make their dreams reality.
Come dream with us.
All Kids Can. This Kid Can.
DREAM is Family.
Fun is a Serious Value.
Teamwork Makes the DREAM Work.
Fail. Persist. Exceed.