Teacher 2022-2023 K-6 Teachers
Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School was unanimously approved by the Indianapolis Public Schools Board of School Commissioners and opened in July of 2017 to students in grades Pre-K-6. Located on the city’s Near Eastside, Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School works alongside community partners to provide a personalized experience for approximately 550 students and families.
Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School strives to prepare students to positively contribute to the quality of life of their community.
Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School prepares students through a whole child approach that encompasses two-generational supports, social/emotional development and personalized learning.
Thomas Gregg Neighborhood School is seeking teachers who will be able to work together to support students by promoting mastery of grade level content, addressing individual learning, passions and developmental needs and preparing students to become productive members of society. Candidates will be responsible for facilitating the school’s education model of Personalized Learning via the following components.
- Support a student driven learning path that incorporates student choice as well as student needs. Allow for differentiation of pace, path, place and modality based on learning needs, goals and preferences.
- Ensure that students follow a structured learning pathway that allows them to master skills at their own pace. Utilize data to track mastery, provide actionable feedback and plan supports/interventions.
- Support flexible, anytime, everywhere student learning through mastering the use of online programming that can be accessed by students at school and at home.
- Obtain an open-minded attitude surrounding the teacher role, as they will participate as members of vertically aligned, multi-grade teams. Responsibilities include supporting the individual classroom as well as the shared responsibility of supporting all students in multi-grade team through flexible student groupings.
- Work with colleagues to plan and implement project based, authentic learning experiences for students where they can authentically engage with and apply academic standards.
- Demonstrate practices that reflect solid knowledge of content
- Seek to gain knowledge of students’ backgrounds, cultures, skills, interests, special needs, proficiencies, etc. and apply this knowledge in instruction
- Set high-level learning goals that reflect curriculum standards
- Seek and utilize appropriate resources to enhance student learning and professional practice
- Design coherent instruction and align assessments
- Cultivate an environment of respect and rapport in the classroom and foster a culture of learning via responsive classroom practices
- Manage classroom procedures by putting routines in place that maximize instructional time
- Monitor and manage student behavior in a way that maximizes instructional time
- Communicate clear instructional outcomes, directions and explanations of concepts to students
- Use questioning and discussion techniques to deepen student understanding
- Engage students in high-level learning using various techniques
- Keep a pulse of student understanding using formative assessment and reacting with flexibility and responsiveness
- Reflect on teaching in a thoughtful manner and seek opportunities for feedback and professional development
- Maintain effective instructional and non-instructional records
- Communicate and engage with families frequently
- Participate and contribute to the professional community
- Display a high level of professionalism with students and colleagues
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Mastery of and enthusiasm for grade level content
- Valid Indiana Teacher’s License in Elementary Education K-6
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Valid Background Check
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working in urban education
- Special Education or Spanish Endorsement
- Bilingual Spanish
How to ApplyTo Apply Please submit the following to email@example.com
- Cover Letter