School Network Staff 2023-2024 Operations Associate
Integration Charter Schools (ICS) is dedicated to providing innovative pathways to college that fully integrate students living with emotional challenges and others with special needs. In building a family of associated schools that share this common mission, ICS strives to fill gaps in public education. When fully realized, ICS, in conjunction with local public schools, will provide Staten Island parents of special needs children with an array of options which is richer than that enjoyed by any other community in the United States.
The Operations Associate will report to the School Principal and to the Director of Operations. The Operations Associate will serve as the direct point of contact for families and assist in the overall operational tasks of the school. As the backbone of the school, operations handles all matters non-instructional. The individual in this role will work in a fast-paced, school-based operations environment.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Assist in setting a high-standard of operational excellence throughout the school building.
- Assist in the creation of school operational systems and structures that support the smooth operation of the school.
- Assist with the student registration process, including collecting registration packets and documents.
- Answer phone calls, taking messages, placing outgoing calls, and sending mass communications, when delegated.
- Monitor hallways, transitions, lunch, breakfast, recess, and bus arrival/dismissal.
- Initiate and track instructional and office supply orders.
- Maintain accurate records of all orders and inventory of supply closets.
- Manage and organize inventory and the distribution of orders and supplies.
- Develop process plans for events, as directed by school leadership and/or network operations team.
- Coordinate/manage data analysis and reporting.
- Create, distribute, and organize a daily student bus list.
- Manage and track numbers for breakfast, lunch meals and snacks.
- Support student recruitment to ensure full enrollment and accurate reporting
- Troubleshoot minor technology equipment (computer laptops, document cameras, printers)
- Initiate and track service calls for technology equipment.
- Ensuring the school’s main office environment is at all times clean, neat, organized and orderly.
- Ensuring memos, notices, and other school-specific documents are delivered, collected from classrooms and processed daily.
- Assist the operations team with special/time-sensitive projects throughout the year, including but not limited to: summer inventory, school year start-up, assemblies, and end of year closeout.
- Helping to create a warm, nurturing and professional school culture.
- Creating and Maintaining Student files .
- Maintaining school systems: ATS, PowerSchool, and OPT.
- Coordinate/manage student transportation.
- Performing additional duties as designated.
Candidate must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree, optional; minimum two years of experience in operations or an office environment preferred.
- Experience in basic office clerical skills.
- Motivation to ensure the messaging of ICS’ priorities.
- Ability to work independently and to see guidance when needed.
- Strong commitment to the mission and success of ICS.
- Strong communication, organization, and problem-solving skills.
- Unwavering high expectations for all students and a belief that all children deserve access to college and beyond.
- Analytical approach to designing and iterating systems based on feedback and results
- Willingness to roll up sleeves and take on anything necessary – a “no task is beneath me” attitude
- Experience working in a charter school or school environment.
- Strong proficiency in technological tools, including Google Drive
- Skill in quickly building relationships with all constituents
ICS offers a generous benefis package.
ICS is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Start Date: 7/3/2023
Salary: $55,000.00 – $60,000.00 per year