Operations / Administration 46629 MANAGER, REPORTING, ANALYSIS & DATA SERVICES
Please Apply Here:
ASSESSMENT, REPORTING & DATA SUPPORT (AR&D)
Traditional 235 work days
Salary Range: $71,481 – $89,350
Essential Functions and Objectives:
Responsible for maintaining the operational and transactional responsibilities of the department. Manages the coordination of day to day activities of a specific business function. Primary emphasis is achieving results by building engagement and empowering their teams. May have exposure for district wide initiatives.
Responsible for establishing effective structures and processes to support quality reporting and analyses of all district assessment and outcome data by implementing high standards for data quality, accuracy, and efficiency. Oversees a team of analysts, data specialists, programmers, and database administrators responsible for data processing, validation, analysis, reporting, visualization, interpretation, and data literacy support.
– Manage and work with respective teams to implement policies, procedures, programs and initiatives that pertain to their functional unit. Set clear goals, organize work plans, and divide work accordingly. Assure adherence to daily operational items, such as budgets, schedules, and performance.
– Apply managerial thinking and decision making to deliver results and ensure project/team success. Provides leadership to teams in their area of responsibility.
– Solve for problems, including defining, tackling and mitigating issues or situations. Map or assess situations, formulate options and provide guidance within a defined latitude.
– Establish targets, analyze performance and follow up to ensure achievement plan is attainable.
– Analyze past trends, identify gaps, and understand district to provide recommendations.
– Work on issues that require thorough analysis; apply discretion for decisions that could impact short term goals. Uses set guidance, policies and procedures to make decisions and address operational challenges.
– Collaborate with other functions, peers and teams. Gain credibility and cooperation across the organization. Convey progress and goal results with functional areas. Conduct training, present findings & materials and other deliverables.
– Improves team performance through coaching, feedback and mentoring. Entrust and motivate direct reports by providing direction, and facilitate skill building.
– Assist the Director in identifying and documenting the department’s practices and procedures for State summative, local assessment, and student outcome data, including data loading, validation, storage, and requests. Support maintenance of department databases, needs for enhancements and improvements as data and reporting needs change.
– Lead the design and release of a variety of assessment reports, presentations, and tools to ensure district leadership is well supported in all assessment, student outcome, and strategic data needs, putting students first when submitting or reporting student data. Collaborate with teams across the district to understand data and support needs, provide necessary training, and ensure effective systems are in place and aligned at both the department and team level.
– Manage the design and creation of integrated systems and processes that drive ongoing improvements in District tools to support leaders in translating District vision to goal, and monitor progress towards ensuring students graduate college and career ready. Collaborate with Assessment, Reporting and Data support (AR&D) leaders, and teams across the district to promote District initiatives by maintaining and providing the data needed to monitor progress toward goals, and support district, region, and school-based leaders with their data needs to be aligned to targets. Support cross-departmental collaboration efforts to guide strategic reviews of processes, resources, and reports to ensure alignment with department goals.
– Collaborate with the Reporting and Analytics and Data Services Team Lead, Department of Technology Services, the Academic Portal team, and vendors in the design and validation of portals-based reporting, as well as in the validation of the data flowing into student information systems (Infinite Campus), district data stores, and district accountability systems.
– Collaborate with Team Leads in prioritizing and responding to data requests from within the department, outside the department, and outside the district, while ensuring strong adherence to student data privacy, and coordinating with the Legal Department as necessary.
– Maintain strong relationships with AR&D Assessment Team to provide accurate and timely support for assessment administration, including rosters, testing lists, student biographical data validation, and other assessment data submissions to the State of Colorado.
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
– Three (3) or more years of demonstrated exceptional performance in similar work.
– Two (2) or more years of management responsibilities.
– Valid Colorado Driver’s License, appropriate insurance coverage and acceptable driving record for the past three years.
– Knowledge of applicable laws and regulations.
– Strong organizational and analytic skills and strong attention to detail.
– Self-starter/leader who can anticipate department needs in a proactive (versus, reactive) manner.
– Ability to develop and interpret data and manage resources.
– Ability to motivate and influence others.
– Ability to effectively lead a team.
– Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products including Word, Excel and Outlook, as well as Google Suite.
– Ability to multi-task and juggle management of several high-priority projects in parallel.
– High degree of integrity in handling confidential information.
– Strong interpersonal and leadership skills, including the ability to lead a high-performing team.
– Proficiency in accessing and manipulating data as well as fluency with one or more of the following applications: MS Access, SPSS, SAS, Stata, R.
– Bachelor’s Degree in education or other related areas that include training in research methodology, evaluation, measurement, continuous improvement, and/or statistics required.
– Master’s Degree in education or other related areas that include training in research methodology, evaluation, measurement, continuous improvement, and/or statistics is preferred.
The Assessment, Reporting & Data Department (ARD) provides expertise and guidance in the collection, analysis, and communication of academic results to teachers, district leadership, families, and the community. We serve as a resource for test development, proper administration procedures, data collection, reporting, and analysis to inform instruction and improve student achievement.
About Denver Public Schools:
Denver Public Schools is committed to meeting the educational needs of every student with great schools in every neighborhood. Our goal is to provide every child in Denver with rigorous, enriching educational opportunities from preschool through high school graduation. DPS is comprised of nearly 200 schools including traditional, magnet, charter and alternative pathways schools, with an enrollment of more than 90,000 students.
DPS has become the fastest-growing school district in the country in terms of enrollment and the fastest-growing large school district in the state in terms of student academic growth. Learn more at dpsk12.org.
Denver Public Schools is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. It is our intention that all qualified applicants be given equal opportunity and that selection decisions be based on job-related factors.