Teacher 4th Grade Teacher
Legacy Academy is a K-8 School Charter School in Elizabeth, CO. Legacy has a technology focus and is looking for teachers who can join our innovative team. We are seeking a 4th Grade Teacher to join our team. This teacher needs to be proficient in their content area(s), willing to maintain and enrich their expertise, as well as possessing strong skills for the integration of technology in the classroom.
Legacy Academy seeks candidates who demonstrate:
- Mission alignment: Legacy Academy’s mission is to guide students in developing their individual character and academic potential by providing opportunities for collaborative learning and hands-on experiences through the continuous surveying of modern technology, science, arts, and extracurricular activities.
- Entrepreneurial spirit: Willingness & ability to innovate the educational process utilizing the resources of the school environment.
- Team orientation: Ability to work collaboratively in a professional learning community characterized by team planning; participating fully in professional development; and engaging in an on-going exchange of ideas, while also accepting and communicating clearly the decisions of the team.
- Drive for excellence: Hard-working, self-starter who takes initiative and is committed to learning and self-improvement for the betterment of Legacy students & staff.
This teacher will ensure the educational development of K-8 students. All teachers will be responsible for the adoption of the school mission as evidenced through thoughtful lesson planning aligned with the school’s curriculum components. In addition, teachers will show a commitment to furthering their own professional development and building relationships with the Legacy Academy community.
- Ability to work with and adapt to current technology innovations.
- Implement instructional activities that contribute to a climate where students are actively engaged in meaningful learning experiences.
- Identify, select, and modify instructional resources to meet the needs of the students with varying backgrounds, learning styles, and educational needs.
- Assists in assessing changing curricular needs and offers plans for improvement.
- Maintains effective and efficient record-keeping procedures.
- Provides a positive environment in which students are encouraged to be actively engaged in the learning process.
- Communicates effectively, both orally and in writing, with students, parents, and other professionals on a regular basis.
- Collaborates with peers to enhance the instructional environment.
- Models professional and ethical standards when dealing with students, parents, peers, and community.
Meet NCLB highly qualified status and/or valid Colorado teaching certificate. Must be able to perform all teaching responsibilities as assigned, have strong classroom management skills, and strong content knowledge.
Reports to: Principal / Assistant Principal
Salary: $30k – $40k based on experience and qualifications.