Teacher 5th Grade ELA Teacher
Reach. Empower. Achieve.
High Point Academy is seeking educators inspired to reach, empower, and achieve greatness.
We REACH each child every single day.
We EMPOWER students and staff to maximize their learning and growth;
To ACHIEVE more than thought possible.
At High Point Academy, we understand that powerful learning only happens with strong relationships between students, staff, and families. Our mission is to provide a strong foundation of academic excellence in partnership with family and community in which each individual is challenged to achieve his/her highest potential academically, socially, and personally.
High Point Academy is a public charter school serving students preschool through 8th grade. Located in Aurora, CO, just north of Green Valley Ranch (10 minutes from Denver International Airport), HPA serves an ethnically diverse student population which includes 26% linguistically diverse students and 54% of students that qualify for Free or Reduced Lunch. HPA is an award-winning wellness school whose curriculum and classes promote healthy lifestyle choices.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are core values at High Point Academy. We are passionate about building and sustaining an inclusive and equitable working and learning environment for all students, staff, and faculty. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and to discover, design and deliver solutions.
- High Point believes the role of every member of the community is to ensure our students are known, cared for, and celebrated. That every member of the community respects each other’s race, gender, ethnicity and all other difference we experience today.
- High Point Academy is committed to each and every child’s growth and success, and we know that creating an accessible, safe and supportive environment are integral components for academic excellence. Candidates who can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply and to identify their strengths in this area.
- Experience working directly with people from diverse racial, ethnic, and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Strengthens High Point Academy’s climate for diversity, equity & inclusion. Demonstrates skills in promoting and supporting a culture of diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ability to serve as an advocate for individuals of all ethnicities, races, genders, ages and backgrounds.
All employees of High Point Academy work together to achieve HPA’s mission. In addition to the duties and responsibilities listed below, we seek teachers who are collaborative with colleagues, empathetic in their relationships with students and families, and willing to work above and beyond their job description in order to ensure success for students. HPA teachers possess a school-wide focus and are able to see beyond their classroom in order to create a unified HPA community.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducts an organized and professional classroom
- Implements rigorous and highly engaging standards based instruction
- Has an unwavering belief that all children can and want to learn
- Supports all students including students who are linguistically diverse and who have an IEP or 504 plan
- Develops and implements curriculum to ensure student mastery of Colorado state standards.
- Maintains curriculum to ensure the needs of students are met
- Demonstrates exceptional instructional practices
- Collaborates with other faculty in delivery of appropriate instructional approaches, working to serve the various learning styles and needs of all students.
- Models and fosters independent thinking skills, creative problem solving, and abstract reasoning
- Shows empathy and understanding of students
- Creates a safe learning environment where each child excels
- Supports students and families by developing strong relationships to ensure student success
- Assesses student performance frequently and objectively to drive instruction
- Communicates consistently and effectively with students and parents
- Follows policies established by the High Point Academy governing board and administration.
- Participates in and contributes to programs and activities that enhance High Point Academy outside of instructional hours, such as extracurricular activities, leadership positions, and/or the enrollment process.
- Other duties as assigned.
- A./B.S. or higher required in the specific content area (e.g. B.A. in History or related field when applying for Social Studies position)
- Must meet the requirements of a Highly Qualified teacher as mandated by the Elementary and Secondary Education Act (ESEA)
- Expert-level written and oral communication skills
- Entrepreneurial outlook and charter school commitment
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Strong self-starter; able to work with limited direction
- Previous successful teaching experience
- Experience in and knowledge of charter schools
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee regularly is required to stand. The employee is regularly required to walk. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will be exposed to outdoor weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, noise levels do increase with student and parent traffic at peak times of the day.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to analyze, communicate verbally, and in writing, coordinate, synthesize, evaluate, use interpersonal skills, instruct and compute. The employee is frequently required to compare, copy, compile, and negotiate. The employee is frequently disseminating information to various stakeholders, making decisions for the classroom.