Teacher 6th Grade Humanities & Learning Support Teacher for the 2018-2019 School Year (Grades 6-8)
This is a full-time position that includes:
• 2 sections of 6th grade Core – a combined English and social studies program which includes advisory responsibilities
• 2 sections of Learning Support
• The Learning Support classes are designed for students who need organizational support and a “double dose” of reading, writing and math skill development
• Participation in the school’s Interim program and other duties as assigned.
We seek an individual with at least five years of experience teaching middle school (grades 6 through 8). The ideal candidate will:
• Have extensive background in teaching English/Language Arts and Writing as well as an interest in teaching social studies
• Experience as a learning specialist or in supporting students with learning differences
• Have demonstrated leadership in developing an innovative, vibrant, rigorous MS curriculum (perhaps from scratch) that embraces best practice in teaching, and views students as active learners and participants in their experience
• Put the development of the whole child first
• Be able to teach study skills and critical reading/thinking skills
• Collaborate closely with a team of teachers Understand the role of technology in today’s classroom and have demonstrated experience in adapting technology (computers, iPads, etc.) to their classroom practice
• Coaching abilities are a plus.
The CA Middle School program provides a crucial bridge between our Lower and Upper School programs. Its foundation is a strong academic curriculum but is balanced by an extensive and challenging program in athletics, the arts and community service. A child’s Middle School experience is characterized by small classes, high standards, a faculty committed to the growth of every student and an abiding belief that the most successful learners are the most active and involved learners.
Learning at CA is not confined to the classroom. Learning opportunities abound. The school’s experiential Interim program, student-generated club activities, and a broad-based community service program are among the hallmarks of every student’s Middle School experience.
CA offers an excellent compensation package, wide-ranging opportunities for professional development, and an environment notable for its dedicated teaching professionals and supportive administrators.
Applicants are also invited to visit the CA website (www.coloradoacademy.org) to learn more about the school and its program.
How to ApplyQualified applicants are encouraged to send a letter of application and resume to: Michael Davis, Ph.D. Head of School Colorado Academy 3800 South Pierce Street Denver, CO 80235 Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Colorado Academy does not discriminate in any of its programs, procedures, or practices on the basis of age, color, disability, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, military service, or other protected status.
281 total views, 1 today