Teacher 6th Grade Math & Science Teacher
AMMS is looking for upper elementary/secondary school teacher to develop our 6th grade scholars’ math & science academic skills as well as the social skills and work habits they need to succeed in future years. Our school uses the Eureka math curriculum and Amplify Science curriculum. Teachers work within a team, supporting students through challenging and engaging lessons focused on specific academic skills. Teams meet almost daily to share ideas, exchange lesson plans, analyze student assessments and tailor interventions and supports to the needs of their classes.
Teams also work to involve families in support of students’ academic and social development. They work closely with our Culture Team to address specific family situations that may affect school engagement. This is an especially exciting opportunity to serve as an important contributor to a high quality school community and growing organization. It is also a chance to be part of an overall team committed to doing everything possible to ensure our students leave our school prepared for the most challenging, college-preparatory high schools in the city of Indianapolis.
The ideal candidate for this position will meet the following qualifications:
- A valid Indiana certification in area of secondary math education/elementary.
- Experience working with children and helping them build the academic skills fundamental to school success.
- Strong curriculum knowledge and familiarity with content area.
- The instructional and management tools necessary to provide a diverse group of students at varying skill levels with a safe, supportive environment to grow and do their very best work.
- Experience and interest involving families (parents, grandparents and guardians) as well as the community in support of children’s academic and social development
- Excellent writing and overall communication skills
- A cooperative, energetic disposition and capacity to work in concert with one’s team.
- A deep interest in working in a fast-paced, collaborative environment relentlessly focused on high standards and achieving ambitious goals for our young students.
- Leadership potential and willingness to take initiative in addressing issues in and outside the classroom in order to continuously improve the overall quality of the AMMS program