Operations / Administration Administrative Coordinator
Tennessee has been making significant progress in advancing a bold education reform plan over the last decade and is now a leader in the nation in dramatically improving student achievement. Tennessee is among the fastest improving states for student achievement according to the Nation’s Report Card.
While Tennessee has made significant gains, there is still much to do – in K-12 education, in college and career readiness, and in postsecondary completion. The State Collaborative on Reforming Education (SCORE) plays a critical role in advancing student achievement, aligning K-12 and postsecondary, and ensuring that all students can achieve career and life success. We work to monitor statewide progress in support of a prioritized agenda that drives collaboration on policy while generating proof points and providing targeted support for implementation across the state.
SCORE is an independent, nonprofit, and nonpartisan organization founded by former US Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist and is dedicated to the goal that all students can achieve success in college, career, and life. SCORE supports student success in public schools across Tennessee by ensuring all schools and systems meet high expectations; preparing, recruiting, supporting, and retaining excellent teachers and leaders; and aligning K-12 and college with career and life success.
SCORE is based at Vanderbilt University’s John Seigenthaler Center. For more information on SCORE, please visit www.tnscore.org.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
SCORE’s Administrative Coordinator will ensure the smooth functioning of SCORE physical and virtual offices in support of the organization’s priorities to improve student achievement in Tennessee. Reporting directly to the Director of Operations, the Administrative Coordinator will be responsible for
managing or supporting day-to-day internal business operations, including Office Management, IT, HR, and Events functions. In addition, this position provides critical administrative support across the entire SCORE team as needed, including direct support to SCORE’s Executive Assistant and Leadership Team.
Office Management & Support
- Answer, screen, and forward incoming calls as the point person to manage the main office phone
- Welcome guests and visitors when they arrive at SCORE offices as the point person to lead the office experience
- Monitor office supply levels, field supply requests, and order supplies to support team members working from the office and from home
- Regularly organize shared spaces like the supply closet and kitchen to ensure these areas are clean, tidy, well-stocked, and support the work of the organization
- Book travel for team members and, as needed, for external partners
- Provide additional capacity to Executive Assistant as needed to support SCORE’s Leadership Team with travel booking, scheduling, correspondence, and meeting logistics
- Monitor organizational materials on hand and, in partnership with the communications team, reorder as needed
- Manage the organization’s global contact list, including updating and maintaining the CRM system, exporting address lists, and supporting mailings and event invitations
- Manage relationships with vendors, including off-site storage facility, UPS/FedEx, copier supplier, and insurance provider
- Support the organization’s relationship with the John Seigenthaler Center as it relates to day-to-day office management, including recycling, office temperature, and building maintenance
- In partnership with the Finance Manager, ensure all purchases are tracked and receipts are maintained
- Pick up mail from the central building location and deliver to the team as necessary
- In partnership with the Events Manager and Director of Operations, schedule and support the execution of events and experiences for team camaraderie such as birthday and life event celebrations and welcoming new team members
- Enter payroll on a biweekly basis for full-time team members and part-time team members
- Enter PTO into payroll system and, in partnership with the Director of Operations and Vice President of Finance and Operations, answer inquiries from team members
- Support ensuring that new team members are set up for success prior to their first day, including email setup, technology setup, keycard access, building/office tour, and desk setup
- Support Director of Operations and hiring managers in advertising open full-time, part-time, and contract positions
- Manage relationship with external Managed Service Provider (MSP) including troubleshooting problems with laptops, printers, and phones as needed
- In partnership with Events Manager, set up A/V prior to meetings and events as needed
- Ensure the phone system supports the work of team members and identify a new phone system as needed
- Order appropriate technology as needed
- Manage phone, internet, and email providers
- Ensure team members are operating as securely as possible in partnership with the MSP
This role requires a great deal of flexibility, the ability to manage multiple priorities, a positive
and support-focused team orientation, and a commitment to supporting the work of the organization.
The Administrative Coordinator must be a problem-solver who is also able to work in close and productive collaboration with SCORE colleagues and external partners. Additional candidate requirements are below:
- Proven experience working effectively in a fast-paced office environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including telephone and videoconferencing skills
- Problem-solver with a commitment to working creatively to find solutions
- Strong command of and interest in technology
SCORE deeply values team members and their well-being and is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits plan. All full-time SCORE employees are eligible for benefits, including:
- Medical insurance, including access to a high-quality network with SCORE paying for most medical coverage costs; dental insurance options; vision insurance options; employer-paid disability, life insurance, and EAP benefits; access to Flexible Savings Accounts (FSA) and Health Savings Accounts (HSA) benefits
- Eligible for participation in a 401K program with employer match after one year of service
- Paid parental leave time, including paternity, maternity, and adoption leave, available after six months of service
- Paid time off, holiday office closures, and paid floating holidays
- Free on-site parking
COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY & INCLUSION
At SCORE, we are committed to creating a workplace where all team members bring their whole selves to work and thrive both personally and professionally. We deeply value collaboration, optimism, excellence, and innovation in our student-centered work and in how we work together and support each other as a team. We also believe that it is important for our team to reflect the rich diversity of students in Tennessee, and we strive to intentionally create space for diverse viewpoints to meaningfully contribute to our work.
SCORE is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for all roles without regard to race, color, religion, gender, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic or status.