School Network Staff After-School Program Director (2021-2022)
POSITION: After-School Program Director
REPORTS TO: Director of Athletics and Activities
LOCATION/HOURS: STRIVE Prep – Ruby Hill Elementary with general hours of 10:00 am to 6:00 pm with some flexibility required. After-school programming with scholars will start daily at 3:00 pm.
SALARY: $60,000-$65,000 based on years of experience
START DATE: Flexible but before 8/9 is ideal
STRIVE Prep is a Denver-based community of public charter schools that challenges every student to strive for college and thrive throughout life by helping them to discover and develop the knowledge, skills, and confidence necessary to succeed in college and beyond. We encourage you to read our 2020 Impact Report and learn more about what a career at STRIVE Prep is like here.
SUMMARY of POSITION
STRIVE Prep’s Ruby Hill is in our first year of offering an independently run after-school program. Our mission is to offer an enriching after-school experience for all students who attend Ruby Hill. The objectives of the program are as follows:
- Provide engaging enrichment blocks that are inclusive and spark curiosity and inspire creativity.
- Build a healthy community, both physically and mentally, by promoting movement and positive social-emotional thinking.
- Encourage teamwork and character development through organized games and inclusive play.
- Explore the city around us in ways that enrich students’ cultural and civic experiences, while also igniting their sense of adventure.
- Nurture each child’s needs and interests based on the relationships we’ve built with them throughout the school day.
The Program Director is responsible for the overall growth and success of Ruby Hill’s after-school program. Working closely with STRIVE Prep Schools’ Director of Athletics and Activities, the Program Director will manage all high-leverage aspects of the after school program including but not limited to: program development and management, program oversight & accountability, staff recruitment and training, student registration, and enrollment, student behavior management, parent and program staff communication, and administrative and operational duties.
- Previous experience running a school or recreational program for Elementary aged students
- Experience in supervision and development of staff
- Experience working with historically marginalized communities in any setting
- Fluent Spanish speaker
- Must be at least 21 years old.
- Creative arts, recreation management, after school programming, outdoor education, or athletics background
- Must meet or exceed the education and experience requirements for a School-Age Child Care Center Program Director as established by the Colorado Department of Human Services:
- Four-year college degree with a major in recreation; education with a specialty in art, elementary or early childhood education; or a subject in the human service field. Copy of transcript required
- Two years of college training and 6 months (910 hours) of satisfactory and verifiable full-time or part-time equivalent experience since age 18 in the care and supervision of four or more children. Copy of transcript/certificate and employer letter outlining employment verification.
- Three years (5460 hours) of satisfactory and verifiable full-time or part-time equivalent experience since age 18 in the care and supervision of 4 or more children and completion of 6 semester hours or 9 quarter hours or 40 clock hours of training in course work applicable to school-age children within the first 9 months of employment. Copy of transcript/certificate and employer letter outlining employment verification.
Program Planning & Oversight:
- Accountable for ensuring and maintaining an emotionally and physically safe environment for Ruby Hill students in the after-school program.
- Responsible for ensuring the program meets all compliance and safety requirements set forth by STRIVE Prep, the DOE, and the DOH.
- Responsible for all elements of programming, including program planning, implementation, staff evaluations, and overall program quality.
- Ultimately responsible for the appropriate behavior and conduct of students during the after-school program.
- Resolves all student-related issues as they arise; communicates and problem-solves with families.
- Collaborates with the Director of Athletics and Activities on all compliance/licensing issues, accounts receivable, and registration logistics.
- Create external relationships with outside partners and vendors to introduce new opportunities for students throughout the school year.
- Collaborate with the Director of Athletics and Activities in order to align development and core competencies, establishing a full k-12 pipeline in the southwest region.
Staff Training and Coaching
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with staff in order to create a strong staff culture.
- Plan and lead staff professional development and daily staff meetings.
- Coach program staff on best practices and conflict resolution.
- Ensure that all staff meets ongoing training requirements outlined by DHS.
Administrative & Operational Duties
- Ensures the site is compliant with DOE and DHS regulations and timelines.
- Monitors and ensures all program compliance, including but not limited to student registration, ratios, & attendance tracking.
- Ensures new hires have taken appropriate steps prior to beginning work assignments (i.e., background clearances, attended and completed required training, and all required HR paperwork completed).
- Maintains accurate records on-site (schedules, flyers, materials, etc.)
- Reports site injuries via appropriate avenues and immediately communicates incidents with appropriate Ruby Hill staff & parents.
- Tracks and cares for all equipment and supplies used throughout the program.
- Creates and distributes a schedule of all activities and ensures appropriate record keeping and reporting for all student attendance.
- Ensure students and their families are properly informed and prepared for all special events.
- Competitive Compensation and benefits including paying 100% of individual benefits.
- STRIVE Prep 5 Year Club: After 5 years of continual employment, all employees are eligible for your choice of a 3 week paid Sabbatical or a payout.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY AND DIVERSITY, EQUITY AND INCLUSION
STRIVE Prep is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, or any other status protected by law or regulation. STRIVE Prep works to make a college preparatory education for all students in our community the norm, rather than the exception. To achieve this we are committed to building and sustaining a diverse team by maintaining hiring and recruiting processes that are free from bias.
Not interested but know someone who would be a great fit? Refer them here and earn $200 for each successful hire! You can also connect directly with a member of our Talent Team here with questions: calendly.com/amanda-jackson-striveprep