Operations Alumni Coordinator (Association Office)
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
We are seeking an Alumni Coordinator for the City-Wide Rowe Scholars Programs who, under the supervision of the Director of College and Career Access, will provide leadership in the areas of college and career readiness for high school youth. The Alumni Coordinator will be responsible for all coordination aspects of the AT&T Aspire Program, including ensuring quality delivery of the Aspire Program, data collection, and proper reporting to stakeholders. The Alumni Coordinator is also responsible for managing and supporting Alumni Advisors working with 12th grade seniors and graduates, and overseeing the implementation of the Summer Bridge Program.
- Support and manage Alumni Advisors working in Rowe Scholars-AT&T Aspire Program at all program sites across the Association.
- Oversee the quality planning, developing, implementation, and continuous improvement of the activities and resources for AT&T Aspire.
- Work with the YMCA Human Resources Department to arrange employment opportunities for all students who need summer jobs.
- Coordinate the collection and reporting of all AT&T Aspire program data for Westat, AT&T, and other stakeholders.
- Maintain necessary paperwork and reporting to ensure compliance with AO, Westat and other public and private funders’ requirements.
- Serve as the liaison between the YMCA and colleges, universities, and work sites, including but not limited to, CBO’s, CUNY, SUNY, workforce sites, community and institutes of higher learning that support the College and Career programs for teens in NYC.
- Support the needs of individual branches and sites in the NYC Association as they create and offer teen programs to their individual communities.
- Actively participate in office events, training sessions and designated meetings.
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- Minimum of one to three years of supervisory and program development experience working with teens and high school graduates.
- Minimum of two years of experience working with teens in a youth development, educational, or career services capacity.
- Knowledge of Youth program development, program implementation, program innovation, and college and career access.
- Knowledge of higher education, financial aid, and postsecondary education strategies.
- Strong organizational skills, and attention to detail.
- Ability to effectively complete tasks in a timely fashion.
- Must be available to work Monday to Friday, 10:00AM – 6:00PM, and weekends and evenings occasionally required.
How to ApplyWe offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Alumni Coordinator” to email@example.com or to:
YMCA of Greater New York Attn.: Human Resources Department 5 West 63rd Street – 6th Fl. New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.
217 total views, 1 today