Data Analysis & Visualization Analyst, Policy & Impact
About HERE to HERE:
HERE to HERE enhances paths to rewarding careers for young people by uniting employers, educators and community-based organizations in the Bronx and across New York City. Our vision is a thriving, inclusive economy, in the Bronx and elsewhere, driven by meaningful partnerships between young people and employers. We work closely with high schools, postsecondary programs (and particularly CUNY and its Bronx campuses), community-based organizations, public officials, and employers.
Our goal is to build partnerships and policies that help employers identify the talent they need to thrive and ensure every student develops the passion, experience, and professional network to succeed in a career of their choice.
Vice President, Policy & Impact
To apply online via the H2H’s career page, by April 30, 2021. Please be sure to include a cover letter and resume. We will request writing samples during the interview process. We will be reviewing candidates until we find the right person for the role.
The Analyst, Policy and Impact will provide staff support to the Vice President of Policy and Impact, as well as the Director, Research and Analytics, for a range of initiatives, with a focus on three main tasks that are critical to our organization:
- Produce supporting research for the expansion of braided pathways, which combines education and employment to benefit students, employers, and educators;
- Provide direct advocacy efforts to support expanded and enhanced work-based learning and career pathways in New York City’s public high schools, CUNY’s postsecondary programs, and among employers; and
- Manage how HERE to HERE collects, analyzes, and presents data about our progress to elevate and expand the organization’s mission.
These areas of work will require a candidate with the skills, experience, and desire to connect with individuals and organizations external to HERE to HERE, learn about their interests and motivations, and support their engagement with our organization.
We are looking for someone who is passionate about our mission and will thrive in a high energy, dynamic team like ours. And we mean TEAM. We collaborate, engage in healthy debate, jump in wherever our skills are needed, we all lead and follow. We are a group of unique individuals who truly believe in this work.
Position duties will include:
- Support a variety of ongoing efforts in the Policy and Impact team, including research and advocacy connecting work and education for students in New York City public high schools and at CUNY as well as tracking and analysis of the organization’s impact metrics.
- Coordinate meetings with external stakeholders by setting agendas and logistical arrangements, preparing pertinent background materials, preparing pre-meeting materials, attending and documenting meetings, ensuring follow up and action items are complete.
- Support the development and stewardship of external partnerships. Represent HERE to HERE in meetings with external partners, including community groups, students, employers, and members of the public.
- Partner with colleagues across the organization to identify and share best practices, lessons learned, and policy recommendations.
Qualifications & Experience:
As part of this team, you will be most successful if you possess most of the following:
- Strong writing, verbal communication and analytical skills; demonstrated ability to proof and edit written documents; Conversational Spanish language skills highly preferred.
- Comfort with qualitative and quantitative data analysis, and experience or willingness to learn how to conduct labor market data analysis using the American Community Survey, Burning Glass, and publicly-available education data.
- Comfort and desire connecting to and developing relationships with a wide range of individuals and organizations external to HERE to HERE, as we build a movement for change.
- Fluency in Microsoft Office Suite (especially in Powerpoint and Excel) and Google Suite (especially Calendar and Drive) required; familiarity with Salesforce a plus; willingness to learn and utilize Zoom, Slack, and other technologies.
- 2+ years of relevant experience working in a fast-paced environment. Relevant experience includes: managing multiple projects simultaneously; working with senior staff and/or clients; experience working in advocacy, including creating convincing materials, pitching legislators and public officials, convening partners and coalition/network members.
- Strong organization, project, and time management skills, and attention to detail; track record in meeting deadlines and working both independently and collaboratively.
- Passion for youth development and curiosity about a wide range of 21st century career trajectories and building bridges across sometimes divergent stakeholder groups
- Unwavering commitment to service and social justice; willing to engage with and support colleagues and partners in addressing systemic barriers to youth success and the root causes of racial inequity.
- Ideally, a connection to and experience working in The Bronx
Compensation and Benefits:
This is a full-time overtime-exempt position. HERE to HERE staff have worked remotely since March 2020. When the office opens, this role will be based out of the HERE to HERE office, located in The Bronx and will travel throughout NYC via public transportation to meetings and events.
HERE to HERE offers generous benefits including medical (including sponsored dependent and family plans), dental and vision insurance, Employee Assistance Program, 401K match, generous paid time off (currently 20 days PTO and 13 paid holidays), and paid parental leave.
HERE to HERE is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: HERE to HERE is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at HERE to HERE are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. HERE to HERE will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. HERE to HERE encourages applicants of all ages. HERE to HERE is committed to building a diverse staff and encourages applications from people of color.