Teacher Aspen Middle School Secondary Mathematics Teacher
The Aspen Middle School seeks a Secondary Mathematics Teacher for the 2023-2024 school year.
Position Title: Secondary Mathematics Teacher
Department: Aspen Middle School
Reports to: Middle School Principal
Classification: Certified Full-time Exempt
Contract Period: 9 Month (185 days with some variance depending on the year)
Salary Range: Certified Salary Schedule
ASD offers district-funded employee and dependent health benefits including medical, vision, dental, and life insurance to benefit-eligible employees. Other benefits include (as eligible): paid leave, CO PERA (pension plan) enrollment with district contribution, TSA options, free transportation for employees from Carbondale to Aspen, employee assistance program, wellness program, supplemental insurance (ie cancer, disability, etc).
I: Position Summary
- Have a strong desire to extend learning experiences beyond the classroom, including participation in outdoor education
- Collaborate with colleagues and the school community to enhance the teaching profession
- Identify student needs and collaborate with other staff members in assessing and aiding students to thoughtfully navigate health, attitude, and learning challenges
- Maintain confidentiality of all student information for the purpose of protecting students, staff, parents, and the District
- Communicate with parents and school counselors on the individual student’s progress
- Participate in curriculum and other programs within the school and/or on a district level
- Share in the sponsorship of student activities and participate in faculty meetings and committees
- May plan and coordinate the work of paraprofessionals or student teachers and monitor standardized tests
- Other duties as assigned or necessary
II: Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages oneself (is organized, prepared, and punctual; manages resources; meets deadlines; follows through on commitments; demonstrates appropriate physical appearance relative to job and environmental expectations) in a manner that enhances the image of public education.
- Acts consistently in ways that directly support the missions of the schools and District.
- Displays a willingness to learn new information.
- Uses strong verbal communication and listening skills;
- Develops and maintains rapport and effective relationships with adolescents and adults contacted in carrying out duties and responsibilities by using courtesy, diplomacy, collaboration, cooperation, support, and professional conduct;
- Formulates goals that reflect the organization’s strategic theme and include specific, measurable outcomes instead of just completing activities;
- Contributes actively to the goals and success of all teams and team members through collaboration, cooperation, and flexibility (give and take) in team discussions, activities, and decision making;
- Maintains high ethical standards, legal responsibility, and confidentiality.
III: Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
The successful candidate for this position will:
- Demonstrate expertise in Colorado Academic Standards/Common Core Standards for mathematics, including awareness of the ways learning takes place and the appropriate levels of cognitive, social, and emotional development of adolescents;
- Establish support, inspiration, and respect with a diverse population of students, developing a classroom learning environment in which each child has a positive, nurturing relationship with caring adults and other children;
- Facilitate learning for all students using a variety of instructional methods, integrating and utilizing technology, to provide students with opportunities to develop critical thinking and problem-solving skills, encourage exploration of ideas, and develop leadership qualities;
- Reflect on teaching practices, analyzing student work, learning, development, and growth and apply what is learned to improve instruction;
- Demonstrate leadership, advocating for the school and students and exhibit high ethical standards;
- Take responsibility for student academic growth using a variety of formative assessments and ongoing improvement of instructional practice;
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for collaboration, using MTSS framework with a team of administrators, teachers, and support staff; and
- Communicate effectively and interact well with parents and other community members.
- Experience and training in IB are preferred. This may include IB teaching, tutoring, or examining experience. Implement meaningful lessons and units in your classroom while meeting the IB Program requirements. Participate in IB professional development and workshops, that may be outside of contract time.
IV: Minimum Qualifications
- Minimum of 3 years teaching experience.
- Possess or be eligible to obtain a Colorado Teaching License in Secondary Mathematics within the first 3 months of hire.
V: Preferred Qualifications
- Current First Aid and CPR certification
VI: Work Environment
- The usual and customary methods of performing the job’s functions require the following physical demands: some lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling, some stooping, kneeling, sitting standing walking, and significant fine motor skills. The job is performed in a generally clean and comfortable environment.
VII: Essential Physical Requirements
- Frequent lifting of up to 50 lbs., bending, squatting, standing, reaching, sitting, walking, and stooping, occasional climbing, and repetitive motion
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The successful candidate will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other related duties as assigned by the Director. The Aspen School District reserves the right to update, revise, or change this job description and related duties at any time.
|Primary Location||Aspen Middle School|
|Salary Range||$50,000.00 – $82,887.00 / Salary|
How to Apply
Job Contact Information
|Title||Middle School Principal|