Teacher Assistant Preschool Teacher
Colorado Early Education Network (CEEN) is a federally funded, non-profit organization that is geared towards supporting children’s growth in a positive learning environment by providing early learning and development opportunities, health and physical development services, as well as promoting family well-being through continued education and strengthening parent-child relationships.
We are looking to bring in motivated, experienced Assistant Teachers who take pride in their work with children, and are passionate about creating an engaging classroom atmosphere for preschool-aged children from low-income families while engaging with the local community.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.81 – $18.09 per hour
New Hire Signing Bonus: If hired on by October 1st, a $300 sign-on bonus will be awarded after 60 days of continuous employment.
- Work closely in a classroom team consisting of 1 Teacher, 1 Assistant Teacher, and 1 part-time Program Aide.
- Assist the Teacher in the development of daily lesson plans and developmentally appropriate activities for your students.
- Assist the Teacher in the development of individual lesson plans for each child as well as document their progress towards their unique goals.
- Maintain a productive and appropriate classroom environment by following the Head Start Performance Standards as well as the Colorado Office of Early Childhood Child Care Licensing Rules and Regulations.
- Provide a safe and inviting classroom atmosphere through the establishment of positive and productive relationships with families and children.
- Encourage the involvement of children’s’ families in Head Start programs through home visits as well as parent-teacher conferences.
Applicants must be 18 years old, have a high school diploma or GED and must meet one of the following options:
- Completed one early childhood education course (ECE 101 or 103) with a course grade of “C” or better and currently enrolled/attending in a second ECE course and (12) Months (or 1,820 hours) of verified experience in the care and supervision of four (4) or more children less than six (6) years of age who are not related to the individual
- Completed two early childhood education courses, one course must be (ECE 101 or ECE 103) with a grade of “C” or better with 6 month (910) of verified experience.
- Obtained a B.A. or A.A. in a field unrelated to early childhood education requires 6 ECE credit hours with one of the courses either ECE 101 or ECE 103
- A. or A.A. in a field related to early childhood education does not require any additional coursework or hours of experience
In order to comply with the Head Start of 2007, assistant teachers must have one of the following:
- Child Development Associate Credential (or the equivalency; i.e, 12 ECE Credits)
- Be enrolled in a CDA credential program that will be completed within 2 years from the date of hire (or the equivalency i.e., 12 ECE Credits)
- Have an A.A. or B.A. (in any area) or be enrolled in a program leading to such a degree
- Choice of 3 flexible plans
- CEEN pays a portion of the premiums each pay period
- Vision and dental coverage
- Life Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 24-Hour crisis hotline
- Telephonic work/life resources
- Online resources
- Work/Life consultations for both Financial/Legal and Child/Elder Care
- Free Healthy lifestyle programs
- Access to a wellness coach
Mental Health Resources
- Mental Health Contractors
- UNC Psychological Services
- Up to $1200/year for an AA degree
- Up to $2400/year for a BA degree
- Public Service Student Loan Forgiveness Program
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
Due to a Head Start Program Mandate, all staff must be fully vaccinated for COVID-10 and submit a copy of their vaccination card or their medical exemption request to Human Resources prior to their first paid day of employment.
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Greeley, CO 80631: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Preferred)
- High school or equivalent (Required)
Work Location: One location