Principal or Vice Principal Assistant Principal
Start Date: Spring 2017
Location: Harlem, NY
The Neighborhood Charter School of Harlem is the highest performing independant charter school in New York City. NCSH has an accomplished founding leadership team that has been in place since the inception of the school in 2012. NCSH is looking for a highly motivated, dedicated and skilled Assistant Principal to join our leadership team. The ideal candidate has leadership experience in a high needs community, strong knowledge of curriculum and an unyielding belief that all children with succeed.
Mission of the School
Our mission is to provide the children of Harlem with new educational opportunities through a rigorous, comprehensive K-8 program that cultivates the intellectual, social and emotional development of each child. Our students, who include high-functioning children with autism spectrum disorders, will become independent learners and critical thinkers, will acquire the academic skills that they need to succeed in college preparatory high schools and will exhibit the social and emotional skills that will allow them to reach their full potential.
Responsibilities of the Assistant Principal
- Assist the Head of School in all aspects of effectively running the school
- Spend at least 90% of the school day supervising staff members and providing actionable feedback which results in professional growth of teaching staff and improves Scholars achievement
- Meet very high targets which are set by the Board of Trustees and Head of School
- Design Common Core aligned curriculum across all subject areas which includes rigorous assessments and performance tasks aligned to the Common Core Learning Standards
- Design and deliver professional development sessions which result in academic growth among scholars
- Build relationships with families and be available 24 hours per day should there be a need
- Supervise after school and weekend programs as assigned by the Head of School
- Create reports that track teacher effectiveness and scholar achievement for the Head of School
- Other duties as assigned by the Head of School
- Extensive knowledge of scholars with IEPs
- Experience working in a urban area with an unyielding belief in city schools
- Personal and professional dedication to public education and high expectations for scholars in New York City
- Excellent communication skills
- Impeccable organization skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, no excuses environment
- Self-starter and motivated to “think outside of the box”
- Ability to work long hours, which includes early arrival and late departure
- Have high expectations for self and other staff members
- Ability to “connect” with staff, families, community and scholars
- Represent the Head of School and school in the community
- Ability to address large crowds of people with superior speaking abilities
- Bilingual preferred but not a requirement
NCSH offers a competitive salary and benefits package.
E-mail cover letter and resume to Mr. Brett Gallini, Head of School, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please type “Assistant Principal Position” in the subject line of your e-mail. Please do not apply if you do not have prior education experience as well as leadership experience.
The Neighborhood Charter School of Harlem is an equal opportunity employer.
How to ApplyE-mail cover letter and resume to Mr. Brett Gallini, Head of School, at email@example.com. Please type “Assistant Principal Position” in the subject line of your e-mail. Please do not apply if you do not have prior education experience as well as leadership experience.
595 total views, 1 today