7 Apr 2021
Operations / Administration Assistant Principal of Operations
About Rocky Mountain Prep
Rocky Mountain Prep is a growing network of innovative public charter schools, serving students in pre-kindergarten through fifth grade in the Greater Denver Area. Rocky Mountain Prep opened its first school in 2012 with 130 students and has grown to four schools, working with over 1,500 scholars across two districts. Grounded in our culture of rigor and love, our schools consistently outperform local districts academically, while also ensuring our scholars are developing in our PEAK values of perseverance, excellence, adventure, and kindness.
Who We Seek
Our staff believes that when you love someone, you hold them to high expectations – and we apply this to our own work, the work of our colleagues, and the work of our scholars. We take our work seriously, but ourselves less so – we laugh and joke and bring joy to work every day. And finally, we value a diversity of perspectives and experiences, recognize the humanity of those around us, and seek to build an inclusive environment that models what we wish to see in the world.
Overall, we’re good people with big hearts, who care a whole lot about our people – both big and small – and are constantly improving our practice to be the staff our scholars truly deserve.
About this role
Reporting to the School Principal and working closely with the Director of Enrollment, the Assistant Principal of Operations will establish and manage exceptional operations at a Rocky Mountain Prep (RMP) campus to ensure that students receive an excellent education in a safe, supportive, and physically beautiful space for learning.
The Assistant Principal of Operations is responsible for managing a school-based operations team towards ambitious outcomes. They are a critical member of the school administrative team, managed by the School Principal, and working in partnership with Assistant Principals of Instruction and other school-based staff. In partnership with the network operations team, they also play a key role in identifying and putting in place systems to improve operations across the RMP network. At the school-level, APOs manage their teams towards excellence in the following ten priority areas:
In this role, you will…
- Highly effective operations team: School operations teams operate as highly effective teams with systems that support continuous improvement (e.g., regular candid feedback).
- Maximized learning time: All schools average 96% Average Daily Attendance (ADA), and systems for attendance tracking and follow-up are easy to use and consistent.
- Fully enrolled schools with minimal student attrition: All schools meet budgeted enrollment targets, with clear systems and follow through on managing and coordinating student recruitment support. Family and scholar satisfaction lead 85% + of students returning for subsequent school years.
- Facilities that support learning: All RMP facilities are well maintained, reflect RMP’s culture of love and rigor, are conducive to all scholars and staff realizing their full potential, welcoming to families, and managed through effective and efficient operational systems.
- Safe and secure school environments: School facilities are safe and secure with clear procedures to maintain those conditions.
- Accurate and usable data: RMP scholar and family data are always accurate and easily accessible in core RMP data systems to inform timely and effective response to scholar and family needs and compliance.
- Family engagement: Strong structures are in place to support family engagement, and our community actions are aligned to RMP vision for family engagement.
- Effective and responsible use of resources: School remains on budget, and school teams are able to engage in informed conversations about how to reallocate resources to best drive school-wide goals.
- Timely and effective assessment logistics: Logistics are tightly managed so that all scholars receive timely assessments with appropriate accommodations that enable RMP to adjust the instructional approach effectively.
- Evergreen school operations responsibilities: Additional school operations systems have strong processes in place to maintain excellence with a small portion of the ops team time to enable focus on top priorities
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years in an operations role, preferably in an education setting, with success redesigning overall processes and implementation plans
- Relevant experience engaging with community members and/or families (educational context preferred)
- Drive to create efficient and effective systems, structures, and procedures, sweating the details, and driving towards outcomes
- Bilingual: Spanish and English speaker strongly preferred
How to ApplyPlease use this link to apply! Once we have received your application a member of our team will reach out within 24 hours with next steps!
This position comes with a benefits package and the salary band for this position starts at $60k minimum; increases commensurate with experience
RMP is an equal opportunity employer. We seek applicants of diverse backgrounds and hire without regard to color, gender, religion, national origin, citizenship, disability, age, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.Thank you so much for considering Rocky Mountain Prep for the next stage in your teaching career. We look forward to getting to know you and to sharing more about us. Please reach out with any questions!